Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree this week's episode was good. When you don't have Sue acting like a cartoon villain out of Scooby Doo, the show is a lot better. No emphasis on Blaine/Porcelain helped, too. I enjoyed silly Blondie reading Abuela, and any chance to watch Jennifer Coolidge is wonderful. She's the ONLY reason I still watch 2 Broke Girls...."Hi Evrybahdy!"tongue.pngtongue.png

• Members

This week wasn't bad. I'm not a fan when they OVER-PREACH. i did like Will abandoning Vocal Adrenalin. The lead VA guy is hot, but is playing such a horrible character, I FF thru his scenes.

The Dave/Blaine breakup was boring, but I find any Blaine scenes boring, so go figure. I did chuckle that Harry Hamlin's character is still around. Poor Blaine(haha).

I like football player dude, but he needs to grow the hair back in...Marshall Williams is adorable with a full head of hair, and will probably find his way back to being my avatar soon!

Unique/ Coach Bieste scenes were good, and the choir was nice. Good for Ryan Murphy for adding it in before the show goes off the air.

Again, I appreciate Sue in doses. Her scene as she sent VA packing was excellent!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

She has been on once this season I believe

Im loving this season. It started out weak but Ive been jazzed with episodes 6 and beyond. Excited for Friday and the final 2 on March 20 and seeing all the older cast returning

• Members

A satisfying finale for the most part. I liked the flashback to the original kids, and how nice to have an episode of just the originals, but it was a weird choice to not include Quinn, Briittany and Santana except for one brief cameo which if you blinked you missed it. Nice way they incorporated Finn and I guess his absence was glaring. Weird seeing Will's first wife again.

The second half was happy and sad but again, no Quinn, no Santana, no Brittany, no Puck. They all showed their faces in the finale (at least I think Puck was there) but I wish we got to see something of them. Sue becoming VP was just silly, but Will changing the world of Lima was very sweet. The finale was nice that they got every cast member ever to come back but I feel they went by the faces too fast and that almost none of them registered. Was little Puck there, or the Irish guy? I think I saw the sandal dreadlock guy, but what about the girl who was the star of the new teens who had the overweight mother? I guess she was there but the camera wouldn't slow down for a second. I wish Mike Chang got to say something, oh well.

So now Glee is over and I think we have to give it its due in that the first two seasons the show was well done and really hit a dramatic height with the Kurt/Karofsky story. The coming of Blaine was a huge moment for Glee and turned Darren Criss into maybe the biggest star on the show? Perhaps. The later years the show dipped in quality. I forget what was happening in season 3. West Side Story I guess, and Quinn in the car accident. Season 4 is a bit of a blur. I am not sure what happened in season 4. Was that the split season? Then Season 5 was strict;y NY? I honestly have no idea what happened last year either. Finn died and everyone came home and nothing else stands out.

If I had to pick my favorite performance of the entire series I guess I have to go with The Warblers at The Gap maybe, or when they sang Bills Bills Bills. I have watched some of the earlier episodes on Netflix, and stuff like the football team dancing to Beyonce is worth going back to check out.