Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Members

I guess the Glee Club is about half the size it needs to be. Therefore, my understanding is that the first half of the next season will be about searching for additional members and rounding out the troupe. I think the pilot was just meant to throw a lot of interesting stuff at us and get us invested in the journey. I'd be disappointed if this "fleshing out" didn't occur in the weeks to come.

My template for this (in my head) is Fame. And that show slowly developed the characters over time, with each character getting "their" episodes each season.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was fun. For me, the songs in Ep 2 had no meaning...therefore, I wasn't as into the ep. I doubt I've ever listened to a single Kanye, Rihanna or Salt N Pepa song...so it all went flat.

Journey, on the other hand...

I hope they continue to feature a broad diversity of styles, decades, genres....

I'm digging the classic/camp soap conventions (golddigger/fake pregnancy; villain who sends spies; love triangles).

• Members

but the songs fit perfectly for how they were used.

the kids wanted something modern and hip that they knew and loved - he gave them golddigger.

the kids wanted to shock and awe the school - they did push it as sexual as they could.

the annoying girl whos opbsessed with the boy felt rejected so she turned to a great you did me wrong song- rihannas take a bow.

• Administrator

This show has so many one liners! I gotta watch it on the computer next time (instead of watching in on TV) so I can type up the dialogue. LOL

Like last week's show about being lucky about having no gag reflexes. :lol:

Or this week:

- "Smell your arm pit......that is the smell of failure."

- "I didn't even have to show any of my bosoms."

- "We started doing it.....like once a week."

- "He wore a corset to second period."

Loved Acafellas' rendition of "Poison" and Mercedes' (Amber Riley voice rocks!) "Bust Your Windows" - Jazmine Sullivan must be so happy to have her song on the show because this is the first time I heard the song....and now I love it.

Glad that Lea/Rachel will be singing in next week's episode. I love her voice. Her rendition of "Take a Bow" was so awesome.

• Administrator

I love that this show is so soapy: fake pregnancy, the father of baby is the best's friends, baby switch.

The 4th episode was really good!

Episode 1.4: "Preggers"

Terri: Kendra, I have to tell you something. Will you promise to not tell anybody, not even Phil.

Kendra: Oh my God, is the baby black? (Nip/Tuck shout out!!)

Kurt: Hi, I’m Kurt Hammel and I”ll be auditioning for the role of kicker

Ken: Can you do that with the game on the line and ten gorillas bearing down on you on nothing more than a taste of your sweet virgin blood?

Kurt: Sounds like fun.

Quinn: Think of the mail! Think of the mail!

Quinn: You got me drunk on wine coolers and I felt fat that day.

The Mumbai Air commercial! :lol:

Ken: I’m down with it. Heck, what do we got to lose. We gave up our pride when we lost to that school for the deaf.

Terri (gives the vitamins to Quinn): Here, 3 times a day or your baby will be ugly.

Kurt’s dad: I’ve known since you were 3. All you wanted was sensible heels.

• Administrator

Episode 1.5: "The Rhodes Not Taken"

Jacob: Show me your bra.

Rachel: You mean the one I’m wearing?

Jacob: Quid-pro-quo, Rachel. You want a good review, show me your over the shoulder boulder holder.

Rachel: No way, you can’t do that. My performance will stand on its own, besides no one reads the school paper, anyway.

Jacob: Oh but, I’ll write scathing review online. You’ll be finished on the high school stage. Now get those sweater puppies out of their cashmere cage.

Emma: A few years ago, I started an online flirtation with my high school flame, Andy. Things got weird and I called it off. And two months later, Versace was dead….dead.

Emma: I just got back from the emergency room, had them give me four decontamination showers.

Rachel: Ms. Sylvester, we need to talk. If you’d like me to return to the musical, changes need to be made.

Sue: Well Rachel, I couldn’t agree with you more. You know when Sandy wanted to write himself into a scene as Cleopatra, I was aroused, then furious.

I really like Kristin Chenoweth/Matthew Morrison's "Alone" and the Glee club's "Somebody To Love" renditions.

• Administrator

I thought the guys' mashup of "Confessions, Part 2"/"It's My Life" was better than the girls' "Halo"/"Walking On Sunshine".

Episode 1.6: "Vitamin D"

Sue: Oh, it’s the same old song, wife puts on a couple extra pounds.

Terri: I’m pregnant.

Sue: Oh, that’s no excuse. I’ve always thought the desire to pro-create showed deep personal weakness. Me, I never wanted kids. Don’t have the time, don’t have the uterus.

Puck: Dude, what’s wrong with you? Go see the nurse. Every day I say I have a headache – I sleep for 3 hours. I haven’t attended a math in class in 2 years.

Ken: Well, I’ve been thinking. Maybe, that if you and I started seeing each other on the side, it might kind of cancel their thing out.

Ken: Look at the two of us. You pregnant and me with psoriasis in one testicle that won’t descend. I don’t know who to feel more sorry for.

Kurt: Though I’ve been grouped with the boys, my allegiance still remains with you ladies. They declined my offer to do their hair and cornrows and all my artistic decisions have been derided as to costly because they involved several varieties of exotic bird feathers.

Ken (on bended knee): Look Emma, I know our relationship hasn’t been perfect. You won’t ride in my car, I can’t touch you above the wrist, remember you cried for an hour that one time elbow accidently brushed by your breast, but I think about you all day long. I kiss that picture of us at the state fair every night before I go to sleep. (takes out the ring box)

Emma: Oh my God, Oh my God, this isn’t happening. This is a dream.

Ken: Emma Pillsbury, this is not an engagement ring

Emma: Oh thank goodness.

Ken: No, I mean it is, but it’s more than that. It’s a promise. Look Emma, I know you have this thing about being clean. Now I can’t promise I will pick up my underwear or squeegee the shower door but I can promise to keep your life clean of sadness and loneliness and any other dark clouds that might flow into it. (opens the ring box) It’s cubic seconia. I know how affected you were by Blood Diamond. Emma Pillsbury, M&M, will you marry me?

Terri: Do yourself a favor, honey, marry Ken Tanaka. Oh sure he’s dumb like sand and his fondu pot of nationalities is gonna open your kids up to a host of genetic diseases, but he’s kind. And he’s generous. And he’s available.

• Members

Yeah for Global, they have the Pilot which I missed thinking it was going to be silly teen music fluff. Think I might watch all the epis again.

My only real beef is that some of the other singers should be featured more and not just Kurt and Rachel.