DAYS: Characters that Need to Reappear

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only character who I want and think should return is Abby. They will need a replacement for Chelsea anyway and she is a perfect choice. She is a friend with Stephanie, so she can live with her in the new flat Steph/Chelsea will move in soon, the relationship between Abby and Max is pretty much open as she left with no goodbay, and there is even some conflict with Melanie because Abby and Nick used to be a good friends and Mel is now living with Maggie.

Logistically it makes perfect sense and it would be really easy to return a little older and mature Abby saying J/J went on some long and dangerous mission in Iraq, Afghanistan or something like that, so they send her back home to stay under Mickey/Maggie´s supervision.

Oh, and she is a blonde and we don´t have any young blondes except Mia on the show right now.

• Members

I think they should keep Mike Horton far away from Salem, simply because the SORASing and de-SORASing of the character totally screws up the timeline. He should be around Bo's age but was de-aged to be around Carrie's age. Plus, we had his now-adult son Jeremy show up last year with that awful "Touch the Sky" storyline.

Abby is probably the best bet, because of her age and the fact that she only left a couple years ago and is the child of a former supercouple. If they were to actually bring back a daughter of Maggie & Mickey's, I'd bet on Sarah because she was only a pre-teen or so when she was last seen (and they would probably make her any age they wanted her to be just like they did with Max Brady, who should be older than the Sami/Lucas crowd).

• Members

Agree that Doug & Julie should settle in Salem.

Marie(Maree Cheatham)could return and live with Alice and become the matriach.

It's been so long since many Hortons were mentioned.Their ages have also been screwed up.

A pity the Hortons weren't nurtured on screen and off.

David(Julie's son)not seen in 25 years.

Scott(her grandson)SORASED too quickly in the late 80's.

Jeremy(Mike's son)totally wasted a couple of years ago.

The list goes on....

• Members

Mike's aging and de-aging has been weird; he was born in '69, yet by the late '70s, he was either a doctor, or studying to become one. Then he was re-aged closer to his original date of birth (by about five/six years, if I remember right) when Roark Critchlow took the role. He wasn't de-SORAS'd to Carrie's age, though. I think Mike holds the record for most recasts!

EDIT: Oh wow. I just discovered that Roark and Michael T. Weiss were only born within a year of one another. So they DIDN'T de-SORAS him at all in '94! They just did that in the early '80s. Wesley Eure is a decade and a year older than Weiss.

• Members

I would like it if Doug and Julie stayed longterm. Now that all their pals were fired, there is an opening for wise old vets.

In another direction, I would like to see the return of the one, the only, the ever fabulous Jan Spears! The show needs a real psycho to liven things up and give the audience a laugh or two.

She is without family at the moment, but I miss Bonnie Lockhart. I do. Judi Evans is great and the character was fun.

Is it too soon to say "bring back Tony and Anna!" ?

• Members

They could simply recast Mike Horton with James DePavia or Laurence Lau that should move him back in the age he was in with David. Scotty could return played by Forbes March. I agree the show made up an age for Max because he was always older than Sami and Eric slightly younger than Carrie. Cassie DiMera could bring some spunky to Salem and put Mel in her place. We need a family DiMera, even though she isnt one. I always dreamed of Sarah Horton returning played by Natalie Zea (ex-Gwen, Passions). I would love to see Andrew Donovan return, but not as a teen as an adult close to Sami's age, since he was born a year or so after them.

• Members

I think Rex and Cassie have been sent to the attic to get their skis. It's another rewritten or just ridiculous plot point that seems to have been forgotten. When Kate mentions her kids, she never mentions either one. She's mentioned Billie and Austin, but Rex & Cassie are dismissed.

• Members

It's time to look to the future, with some characters from the past. I would bring back Jeremy Horton, to interact with Stephanie, Philip, and Melanie. Sara Horton, to interact with EJ, Sami, Nicole, Brady, and Rafe. And Jeannie Donovan, to interact with Chloe, Lucas, and Daniel. Jeannie could be aged to mid to late 20s and interact with Daniel, bringing Caroline in the story, via Maggie's worry of Jeannie beging near Daniel. Ultimately, she could be a love interest for Lucas. Sara could be a lawyer like her father, and clash with EJ personally and professionally. That is who I would bring on. As for Max, I think it's best for the show to cut its losses and send him on his way.

Archived