OLTL: Discussion for the week February 23

• Members

I got bored the other evening and took a picture of my high tech operations for compiling monthly episode counts....

2wqbq83.jpg

Basically, while watching each episode, I write down on paper who was in that particular episode. Then I head for the big dry erase board and mark them down. Then at the end of the month, I add the totals together, write them down on paper according to number of episodes, and type them up.

As you can tell, I'm big on technology. :lol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

tell me about it which is why the show isnt really doing much for me. They had such good set up for a Jessica vs Natalie rivalry but completely dropped the ball here. We've had Natalie talk in passing about having bad memories when she walks pass the basement door but instead of telling us, why dont they show us? They should have showed her traumatized by Tess' actions. Have her become unraveled as she deals with being kidnapped, and tormented for weeks as well as nearly murdered. They've been so inconsistent here. OLTL has so much potential with its stories but they are falling flat everywhere, by not following up with what they bring to the table and the rewrites and flip flops arent helping matters

• Members

I am not a Todd fan (at least not TSJ's version), but I do enjoy Tea and maybe one reason why I really liked her earlier this week was because she was surrounded by people other than Todd, Blair and John. It was a nice "getaway" even if David Fumero played a principal role in those scenes. But I'm thrilled the Montez story is over--at least Vanessa's part in it.

I concur about Viki/Charlie. They are really getting a raw deal. I miss my Banks Boys and Lord Ladies.

And here I thought you had the info compiled on an Excel-type spreadsheet :lol: You're kickin' it old school, Scotty! :lol:

• Members

Natalie's PTSD came out of nowhere. One minute Viki is telling Natalie how strong she is and this and that, and then we have Natalie telling Jessica she's having nightly nightmares and anxiety. It's like OLTL doesn't know which Natalie to give us--the "strong" one who stands opposite of her fragile sister, or the emotionally-vulnerable one who was terrorized by her twin's psychotic alter. That said I do believe PTSD is very realistic for Natalie to experience but the execution is all wrong. And I question why Jared is so quick to forgive Jessica if Nat is really suffering. I just feel this story doesn't have RC's full attention--he's more focused on Rex/Gigi and Starr and her teacher.

• Members

Not sure if anyone saw this or not, but it is part of ABC's partnership with Campbell's Soup.....in the Sunday coupons here a couple of weeks ago with about four or five Campbell's coupons, was this promo for the ABC soaps...

dvk4zs.jpg

If you can't tell, it says: "TUNE IN this February and join Campbell in the fight against heart disease" at the top.

As you can tell my photography skills need a lot of work. I got my first digital camera last fall and am still getting the hang of it. Plus I have no scanner, so that is why I had to cut the thing out of the coupons, hang it up on my dry erase board and take a picture of it. But I like doing things the hard way. :lol:

Here are a couple of other views of it...

2h5s5lz.jpg

svhra1.jpg

And a better view of my board....

28iqlpv.jpg

I ended up taking like a dozen or more different shots of each of them, most of which weren't any good.

Perhaps I should just keep on watching OLTL and not quit my day job. :lol:

• Members

Haha....thanks Daphne. I wish I were that high-tech, but I prefer doing things the old way. Sure it's a little extra work, but at least I have a back up in case the technology messes up.

Plus, by manually keeping track of the counts, it keeps me better informed about who was on that month, and just how much.

Kind of like a personal touch. :D

• Members

Why is Rex shrieking at Roxy about paternity secrets after he kept Sam/Tommy's paternity a secret for a year? I hate him.

I'm so sick of hearing about how evil David is. They never give any reason for this they just think if they say it enough then the fans will go along.

All the years of story washed over for a meaningless, poorly executed gimmick.

Archived