Y&R: Week of February 23, 2009

• Members

Billy, Chloe and Delia are an adorable family. When Billy picked up Delia, I melted. It was so sweet. Cane needs to step the hell off. I want to see Billy grow up and be a father and eventually a husband. I want Billy and Chloe sowing chaos in GC for years to come.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has Esther always been such a stupid ditz? I cant believe how in wuv she is with this sleaze

I dont get the Tyra story. Why does Neil and Karen have to adopt Ana? Why wont social services let her stay with Tyra. Tyra seems to be taking good care of her and Im not seeing the issue here. Why is there even a case here?

How the hell can Victor NOT know that its Jack thats coaching Colleen? I thought it was fairly obvious and thought he knew but he was still questioning this by the end of the show

• Members

They are writing TGVN as a dumb ass since it should be so obvious to him who is mentoring Colleen although I'm sure it will suddenly dawn on him as to whom the person is.

I'm still loving Billy and Chloe together especially after today. Since so many of you don't see the chemistry anymore, I wonder if Liz is portraying Chloe that way on purpose? Right now she seems rather torn, perhaps it's the realization of what a mess she has made out of things and all of the lives that she's screwed with.

• Members

I don't really agree either with those that say they couldn't feel the chemistry. Today, I felt it. My favorite part was right after the justice of the peace said that a child was the glue that keeps a family together. Miller and Hendrickson looked at each other. It was probably the most tender moment that I've seen between them since we got the flashbacks when Miller first came on.

• Members

When I think of chemistry I think of romance, sexual connection, emotional connection, etc...

The scenes between Billy and Chloe in the hospital room were touching but they lacked any real spark of true chemistry. Maybe after they've gone "home" to wherever Chloe ends up I can evaluate it better but I still don't see anything about them that screams couple to me.

Love Colleen. She's so fierce right it's outta control. I liked her retort to JT at the beginning of the episode.

• Members

Great points. I think family services prefer to stay that way and keep children in a family if at all possible.

And all I could think of is how could Victor not know that Jack is behind it all? Maybe he's gone soft in his elderly age. Every other character has been written as smart lately, except him. It would have made more sense if Colleen had thrown Jack out of the house too at the memorial service claiming that he never treated Bradley with the respect he "deserved". Or she could have overheard the popsicle comment and made a big stink in public and then privately listened to what he had to say.

I loved the scenes between Billy and Chloe, maybe because so much was said without saying a word. Those two can act circles around so many on this show. And I think they will be sexy together soon, after she's had time to recover from her birthing injury's.

• Members

When I first saw the picture of Annie Wilkes, I thought these scenes were going to be an over the top, campy mess. Boy, was I wrong! I love her so far. I like that she's kinda torn between believing Katherine and staying loyal to Clint and Roger.

I'm so glad that the writers are turning Colleen into a big bitch. I never bought her "good girl" persona that Adrienne Leon played and Tammin Sursok had to do until now. She's proving that she is Brad's daughter lately. And I love that Jack is pulling the strings in all of this. One thing I thought was stupid was that Victor can't figure out who is telling Colleen what to do. Jack should be the first person that comes to his mind. Who else would tell Colleen to double-cross Victor Newman?

Tyra's a freaking idiot! She's proving that she is an unfit mother to Ana and making Karen look so good right now. Ana was pretty smart calling Neil and allowing him to listen to the conversation she was having with Tyra at the bus station. Smart girl there.

I want more psycho Karen though!

Cordelia has to be the ugliest name I ever heard on a soap. And they chose to shorten it with Delia?! Why not Cordy? That's more cute than Delia.

• Members

Amelia Heinle's body language is absolutely fascinating. She has a scene with Nikki and Amber and the entire time she looks totally bewildered that Adrienne Franz is popular while she is languishing permanently on the back burner. Once again I was left wishing that the real Victoria, Heather Tom would return to Y&R and AH could be shipped to the superficial B&B.

Speaking of B&B, I've never really hated Gloria, but now I think she'd be better suited to that joke of a show.

That stripped fabric they picked up wasn't just atrocious on Ashley, horrible on Jill, they now had to make a matching jacket for Colleen? I have never felt so overdosed in bad taste in my life. Whoever does the fashion on Y&R should be looking for a new job because I'm sure much more talented stylists are out of work as a result of this recession.

I just don't get how some people don't hear the Aussie accent in Colleen. The scenes tomorrow were some of the worst yet.

• Members

I actually love the name Delia. Maybe it's because I was such a big fan of the character as played by Ilene Kristen and Randall Edwards on Ryan's Hope. I wonder if thats where MAB got it from. I wouldn't be surprised if they use that show for inspiration. It's clear they're not looking to anything current for inspiration (which is a good thing).

I only thought Colleen was a good girl when Lyndsy Fonseca was playing her. Leon did bitch well, but it was more spoiled than bitchy. The way Tammin is playing bitch is very one note. I think Leon (or even Fonseca) would be able to add more depth and more brains to where Jack wouldn't have to be pulling the strings. I could see Colleen going to him for help (like Billy), but outright making the moves is clearly because she is too dumb to think on her own. At least in this portrayal.

• Members

Oh god, I can just imagine her fighting Jackie and Donna for Eric

I dont get it though. Anna considers Tyra her mother and isnt she her blood aunt anyway? Its not like Tyra is some irresponsible crackhead who beats her. Social services seem to be causing more trouble than good here

Archived