Y&R: Week of February 23, 2009

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Monday's show is really cementing me as a Chloe and Billy Shipper. Their chemistry and the hit the nail on the head reactions to the actions around them are simply priceless. I wish they'd call the baby Cordy instead of Delia though.

The Katherine stuff was good as well.

• Members

I thought I should stop reading the spoilers, but I can't help myself. I still adore the show even though I mostly know what's going on. The show still manages to surprised me. They seem to be the only show that is trying to keep some stuff a surprise.

• Members

I agree- Y&R has offerred up lots of surprises lately that keep me on the edge of my seat. Even though there was some speculation, NO reliable source was able to confirm the results of those DNA tests. It reminds me of the days that Y&R was the only soap (and sometimes B&B) to not be mentioned in SOD's VCR Alert section.

• Members

Couldn't resist anymore and had to watch Monday...

Jeanne Cooper conitnues to be amazing. Great Kay stuff.

And Cane is done with being passive aggressive, huh? Jill's genes start to shimmer...

It's as if he and Colleen went to group therapy and decided it's time they spite the world. What's next: Lily stealing Ana from Tyra AND Karen!? LOL!

• Members

I yearn for that! No previews, no 'VCR alert', and no text in the online guides. Just go cold turkey...and let NO spoilers out. Even with the mag "Spring Previews", either shun them, or give them such vague generalities ("a couple will fall in love; someone will be in great jeopardy") that they are useless.

Then, if we could just stop Canada from going day-ahead...I'd be right as rain!

• Members

I read the spoilers too, because I have zero discipline in that regard :).

I totally agree with your statement. But imagine if we suddenly started flying in the dark...and had virtually no idea what was going to happen. How I'd love that.

• Members

:lol: Spoilers will be the Death of Soaps. Discuss.

I think Y&R goes that extra mile to give spoilers that sound very neutral-sounding on paper -- but which wallop us when they hit the screen. It's a far cry from, say, Frons and Guza who will delineate, word-for-word and scene-by-scene their entire Sweeps SL for GH. Including the ending.

• Members

I loved today's show and especially the scenes with Billy Miller and the baby, he has the most natural reactions in different situations and makes things seem so seamless and easy especially compared to Goddard. I loved it when Chloe asked Billy to bring the baby to her and he said "You want me to pick her up?!?"

I don't have anything positive to say about the Tyra/Ana/Neil/Karen storyline and what happened today soooooo.....

It was nice to see that Colleen didn't back down towards Victor, and I love that Jack is letting her know how Vic works so she's not surprised by any of his tactics.

The scenes between Kathrine and the Nurse were cute and really enjoyable compared to what's going on in Wintersville. All the talk about milkshakes made me want one.

I'm glad Paul found out the truth about Roger being a scam artist it's to bad that he found out to late to stop the wedding though.

Archived