OLTL: Phil Carey (Asa) has passed away!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW, this is devastating. I have barely processed the news of Clint Ritchie's passing, which was so unexpected for me to hear, and though I knew Phil Carey was fighting cancer for a long time, and I somewhat expected this, I didn't expect it NOW, so soon after the news about Clint Ritchie. This is just devastating. I have no other words for this.

My heart goes out to his family, and especially Bob Woods and Erika Slezak, they must be having so many strong emotions right now.

Wasn't Erika the last person to act opposite Phil Carey, in the episode where Viki went to Heaven? Everything else has been done through Asa's video wills, hasn't it? Or did Bob Woods get scenes with Carey at the end of 1968?

• Members

This is from Navell (Lee) at Daytime Royalty:

"After just learning that Clint Richie, formerly Clint Buchanan on One Life to Live, had passed away on January 31, 2009, I have just come to learn that Phil Carey, who played his on-screen father, Asa, has also passed on. Erin Torpery confirmed the information to JoAnn, host of Stardish Radio, no more than 20 minutes ago. No information is out at this time. "

• Members

Damn. I read this at another site and thought it was idle gossip at this point...

Lung cancer is generally not surviveable, it is only at matter of time..

I have found from knowing people affected (relatives of theirs) that older patients seem to hang on longer than younger ones.

I am not a doctor, but Phil battled this for a few years.

In all honesty I have been dreading this but figured it would be coming.

Phil Carey was such a presence- and I will never forget him.

My favorite Phil moments were always hearing him say Carlo HES-SA!

Clint and Phil- Hope you guys are enjoying a few beers wherever you guys are.

And end of an era.

Archived