DAYS: Discussion for the month of February

• Members

Oh and us much as most don't like DAYS these days, I'm loving this new rivalry between the Kiriakis and DiMera clans..I never understood how these two powerful families never really went head to head..I know there was supposed to be some understood like..truce or something between the two, but it's so much more interesting especially when the two heads of the families are competent actors in JA and JM.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Arianne Zucker and Jay Kenneth Johnson have such forbidden chemistry! There's something so wrong with their chemistry, given the history their characters' histories, but the actors make it so damn right. I don't think Philip would ever give Nicole a chance in hell at love with him, and I don't think Nicole would ever want to be under the control of another Kiriakis, but the chemistry between the actors makes me want to forget that and accept it. I always love their scenes together, even when the story they're involved in is so amateurish, like this one.

Just when I thought this stupid Alternative Fuels Project war was going to be over, and the DiMeras got Melanie, Nicole now has the job of telling EJ to give the project back to Titan. <_<

I already stated my opinion on Brady and Stephanie's scenes today. I don't think TPTB were chemistry testing the two, just given their scenes. It didn't come off that way to me. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers did intend on seeing if the two work together. Although they should remember that the two are related. This is the writing team that made Brady and Stephanie related, by the way.

What was the point of this explosion? Just for fans to think that the storyline is actually moving forward with Maggie telling Lucas the truth, only to have some lame and poor explosion make Lucas forget everything? LAME! That had to be the worst "explosion" and aftermath that I've ever scene. There was absolutely no point to it. When I first heard that there was going to be an explosion, I was envisioning several cast members grouped together on one set and a huge explosion would occur and add some excitement to these stale storylines. Unforunately, that didn't happen and all we got was some stupid fireball with two characters in one of the lamest affair storylines I've ever had to watch.

• Administrator

I think it's because Arianne and Jay have chemistry with EVERYONE - it doesn't matter who they're paired with.

I'm pretty sure it was Hogan's intention to make John a Dimera though it technically didn't happen under him due to the strike.

Everything in story is lame. LOL It's the weakest part of the show. It's so tough to watch Nadia try to act. LOL I can't believe she's now the 3rd leading actress behind Arianne/Alison but ahead of Kristian Alsonso (heck, I even think Molly Burnett and Shelley H. have more story than KA). :blink: I just have to shake my head at that. The explosion was done so Lucas could have amnesia and for Chloe to "go back" to Lucas (her "promise" to God), so they could continue play this forbidden love between Dan/Chloe for more weeks/months. Ugh.

EJ was scary is Tuesday's episode - that yell....WOW!! I loved seeing dark EJ. James Scott and Arianne were very good. I want more scenes like that. It's too bad we rarely see any good scenes anymore.

• Members

Really? I could've sworn that around the time that it was revealed that John would be Santo and Colleen's son, Corday revealed that it was one of Higley's ideas when she first came on as Hogan's co-head writer. That was one of the reasons Corday was inspired to bring her on because of that twist. I think Hogan's plans were to turn John into Stefano's pawn again. Tom Cassielo has said that it was their idea to make John the pawn again. I don't know about the Brady/DiMera family connection though. I think that was Higley.

• Administrator

I'm pretty sure Hogan was heading there when the strike happened. Colleen was suppose to be on for a couple of more months instead of the 2 weeks she was on and the revelation of John being Santo/Colleen's son was going to play out. I don't think it was Higley's idea because she didn't play that twist afterwards.

• Members

Suzanne Rogers is fabulous. Lauren Koslow is fabulous. Arianne Zuker is fabulous.

The show might not be what it once was (as in, it isn't the 80s anymore) but I'm finding it to be a helluva lotta fun. And considering how badly the budget was slashed, the show still looks the same.

• Members

I too am thoroughly enjoying the show..Say what you will about Higley, I'm not her biggest fan myself, but anyone that puts JA on my screen regularly is a-ok with me. And wow has JKJ really stepped it up..He has come leaps and bounds since he first returned and all he did was yell. Easily my fav. male on the show right now..

So nice to see the Sami/Nicole feud still in tact.

I really like the new hospital set.

• Members

I have to agree, I haven't enjoyed DAYS this much in....at least 5 or 6 years? It's not the DAYS of the 80s...nor is it the DAYS that a lot of fans want to see...it's different, it's a bit of a reinvention, but so far it is very entertaining.

• Administrator

I've been enjoying DAYS more lately too. I see a lot of Reilly-isms in the pacing, plotting, false tags - I bet that's Tomlin's doing. Dena Higley never showed these type of attributes in her storytelling before (in 03, at OLTL and before Tomlin showed up this past summer).

I only wish what's being done to Dan/Chloe would've happened to different characters because I despise Dan. I wish they gave the "I want to be with you but I can't" story to different couple, a couple that I can root for.

I'm glad we're not seeing much of Chelsea/Max (now we know why...

) and it seems the awful autism storyline has ended.

I see direction in the main storylines - mostly the Dan/Chloe/Kate/Lucas and the baby switch saga. Let's face it, it was pretty obvious that Tomlin/Whitesell/Higley didn't really put that much thought into John/Marlena or Steve/Kayla and that's why their exits sucked. You could tell they're carefully planning the top 2 A storylines though. My only hope is that Ken Corday doesn't interfere like he always does and then we'll see a drastic turn in a story that doesn't make any sense.

Archived