Toups

The Politics Thread

15,118 posts in this topic

Also, I think Netanyahu glommed onto Trump, not only as an extremist but to try to spite Obama who had the audacity not to bend to Bibi's will. Still, I am curious as to what Netanyahu thinks of this entire debacle and whether he regrets making such a demonstrative public show of falling all over Trump the way he did.

So this was released by House Democrats on the Oversight and Judiciary Committees.

5 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I wonder if he ever really did? I think there were a lot of wealthy Jewish donors and Israeli politicians who hoped to use Trump. A deal with the Devil so to speak.

I think Netanyahu and Trump were close to an unholy alliance that would have had potentially awful consequences, so if this intelligence betrayal throws a wrench in this we are all better off. Like @DramatistDreamermy husband thinks Netanyahu is an extremist. I'm less sure or at least I'm more sympathetic to people trying to govern is a country with constant terrorist attacks. Is it possible to govern justly and keep your population safe?  I think Trump has inadvertently saved BN from his worst impulses though. Moving that damn embassy to Jerusalem would have been nothing but trouble.

I have no idea whose brainstorm moving that embassy was but staying out of Jerusalem has been an unwritten rule for years. Unless you are looking for confrontation and discord.

5 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I also saw an article today lamenting Bernie keeping the door open to a run in 2020 when he will be 79 years old.  I like Sanders more than some here, but I think he needs to step aside and support someone younger, for so many reasons.

It frustrates the hell out of me to continue to see Bernie all over the airwaves. One good thing that has come out of this Trump disaster is we have gotten a chance to see some younger democrats come to the table. Schiff seriously impresses me, Gillibrand, Booker, I finally saw Kamala Harris being interviewed(I only watched that night because she was on). She's pretty amazing. The democrats have a deeper bench that many are giving them credit for.

Chaffetz is positioning himself to survive Trump. He's not the only one.

Looks like there is a subpoena out for Manafort.

18 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

This is insane.

Yep. Who knew all this crazy was lurking in our society? I keep reminding myself he did not win the popular vote.

6 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Yep. Who knew all this crazy was lurking in our society? I keep reminding myself he did not win the popular vote.

EVERY DAY there is new drama. When you're outpacing Nixon in self immolation you know you're something special. :lol: 

29 minutes ago, sivad40 said:

I rolled my eyes a bit but it's hard to really react because there's no chance of impeachment anytime soon. I have to admit I did wonder if he would say the same if there was talk of a President Hillary impeachment...

Edited by DRW50

I don't care what those people are going through.....they sold their souls to this fool and now have to reap the whirlwind. 

Erdogan's bodyguards beat up Turkish protesters on Embassy Row in Washington while D.C. cops try to stop them. This is what trump has brought to our shores.

I'm sure Fallon's career will survive The Muss Seen 'Round the World.  But I don't think I could ever watch TTS again so long as he remains there.

13 hours ago, Vee said:

I told you all!

I still think impeachment and/or resignation is some ways away, but...yep, it looks as if we're on the road to that point.

Edited by Khan