Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe it's for the best that the EU take the lead for a while. We've been dragged down not just by Russia but by the willful ignorance and malice of our own people. The Republicans have shown themselves to be incapable of governing and half the actors in our political process are there just for personal enrichment and aggrandizement. I hope the stuff that I'm seeing on the IC twitters is true and there's a RICO case being built against the GOP as a party. That would be a first good step toward finding our way back from the brink.

• Members

As soon as Trump was elected, I told my Mother that this would make effectively make Angela Merkel the new leader of the 'free world'.  

And what irony for the misogynists who thought HRC was incapable of leading that the seat of power in the Western world (and let's face it, worldwide, really) will now be held by a woman.

• Members

Seriously this is an excuse? Lives may be put in danger but ok the incompetent in the White House didn't know. Oh he might have known but come on he didn't care. The lives of anyone other than himself means nothing.

And

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/13/trump-2018-midterms-gop-alarm-238342

“The bottom line is that we’ve got to recruit well, we’re going to have to raise a bunch of money,” he said. “Democrats are upset that they lost, they didn’t think that was going to happen. They’re motivated, and we’re going to have to redouble our efforts.”

Over margaritas and seafood on the sun-drenched back patio of the Hotel del Coronado, GOP operatives began sketching out what a 2018 campaign would look like — and how they would contend with an unpredictable president with record-low approval ratings. San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer, who is being recruited by party leaders to run for California governor, said Republicans running in challenging political terrain would be able to differentiate themselves from the president by casting themselves as inclusive and highlighting local issues.

“To be successful in California is to be successful across party lines,” said Faulconer, who noted that he spoke Spanish in the first TV ad of his mayoral campaign. “You have to have Democrats, you have to have independents, you have to have Republicans. That message of bringing people together is incredibly important.”

This has got to be one of the dumbest stmts  I have read as they continue to erode Independent support. There is only one way to get these people back and it's not happening.

• Members

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-makers-despite-promises-to-president-trump-set-on-job-cuts-1494960177?mod=e2tw&mg=id-wsj

With automakers looking to cut jobs, I have to guess that autosales are trending downward this month also. I guess we will see. April was the first month in how many years that saw auto sales down. People may not like it but consumers hold onto their money if things become uncertain, like our idiot president

• Members

Seriously the Washington Post is outscooping the Times who has to have a weekly column "things nice about Trump". The times IMO lost it's credibility with the Judith Miller garbage.15 years ago. Their so called "great reporters" Thrush and Haberman are more concerned about access than doing any real journalism

As for MSNBC Andy Lack is a disgrace. The evening lineup at MSNBC has been outperforming Fox and CNN, yet all this idiot is concerned about is salvaging the likes of Brian Williams and Matt Lauer. Word is Megyn Kelly was his idea and I have no doubt she's going to tank bigtime also,

My worst fear is O'Donnell ending up at CNN and having a show that turns into a screamfest of pundits like the rest.

Edited by JaneAusten