• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

African-American Miss USA: Health care is a 'privilege'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4506004/Miss-District-Columbia-crowned-Miss-USA-2017.html

An African-American nuclear chemist from Washington, DC, won the 2017 edition of Miss USA on Sunday night after telling the audience about her conservative political viewpoints.

Kára McCullough, a 25-year-old nuclear chemist who works for the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, told the audience how she doesn't necessarily view herself as a feminist and said that health care is a privilege and not a right. 

McCullough said she prefers not to use the word 'feminist,' and instead 'transferred the word feminist to equalism.'

In the questions portion, she was also individually asked if affordable healthcare is a right or privilege, responding that she thought that healthcare should only go to those with jobs

'As a government employee, I'm granted health care. And I see firsthand that for one, to have health care, you need to have jobs, so therefore we need to continue to cultivate this environment so that we're given the opportunities to have health care as well as jobs for all Americans worldwide,' she explained. 

• Members

It would've been nice....shame we have a little boy as POTUS. 

http://www.mediaite.com/online/its-a-big-story-chris-wallace-rebuts-fox-hosts-complaints-about-comey-firing-hysteria/

seems as though FN is very slowly turning the network into something resembling more center right. getting rid of people, Wallace and Smith continuing to call out Trump....

• Members

Meanwhile, in media: MSNBC's Andrew Lack, patron of Brian Williams, is working to unseat Lawrence O'Donnell and reinstall Williams center seat while trying to lean the network center-right. The talent is fighting back.

While I think Williams is actually fine in a limited anchor role, I think Lack's been terrible for the network and is horribly misjudging the mood of the country at the moment. The network and parent Comcast have been getting heavy calls/web traffic from viewers over this in the last few days.