Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I've been reading about what has been occurring in Chechnya and it is indeed draconian stuff. Kadyrov is intent on maintaining an utterly dystopian landscape.

This morning, I also read a longform article detailing Comey's decision-making concerning the FBI investigations of both presidential candidates and the more I read, the more I became convinced that Comey was more concerned with his personal reputation and image than he was with even the FBI's image or it's appearance of partialilty.

It seemed as though Comey didn't want to risk being seen as doing anything that would make Clinton look good, even if it meant observing normal FBI protocol (to not discuss an active investigation-which he did, publicly), while he seemed unwilling to be forthcoming on the Trump investigation (despite the fact that there was an active investigation and he had already disclosed the investigation of Clinton's e-mails, already breaking FBI tradition of not discussing open investigation).

This tells me that Comey felt there was nothing to lose politically for publicly discussing the investigation of Clinton's e-mails (given the venom spewed from many in political circles toward Clinton) while fearing backlash from the GOP and its adherents if he were to disclose the investigation into the possibility of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin-given the tendency of the Republicans to engage in conspiracy theories, especially as it concerns Obama (and Comey was appointed by Obama and was technically a part of the Obama administration).

Many have stated that they think it was a mistake for Obama to attempt to be bi-partisan by appointing a Republican but Obama probably believed that everyone would put country above party and do their job to the best of their ability. If Obama made any mistakes it was probably trusting that people would do this.

• Members

Trump is unintelligible was trending on Twitter this morning. I don't know whether it still is though.

Is sexual harrassment a damn epidemic at Fox NewsChannel?!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/23/sean-hannity-accused-of-inviting-fox-news-guest-to-his-hotel-room.html?via=twitter_page

• Members

I hate this stuff because even when the GOP and Trump are at their most unhinged and aimless we still end up with "Democrats in disarray." I feel like Bernie Sanders just has to be a contrarian and also has a long memory and that's a very bad mix.