Toups

The Politics Thread

14,516 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Roman said:

he's got the money....21st Century apparently gave O'Reilly 25 million as a settlement. 

This makes me sick, although I'm surprised it's not even more. Please God, let someone sue the f*ck out of this guy. I know Fox settled some of his cases, but maybe there are more and he can be sued directly? I can dream.

Some news on the push against gerrymandering in the state of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania: Anti-gerrymandering bill gaining traction | WFMZ

On a related note, in the state of Delaware, some legislation seeking to curb meddling concerning "drawing districts".

Delaware: Legislation seeks to prevent political meddling in drawing districts for the General Assembly | Sun Times

How ironic that Assange is being collared by the very administration Wikileaks likely helped to elect! Ha!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

It's odd that they suddenly want him and are using 2010 as a possible reason. He's been quite loyal to TrumPutin but that probably means little to them and he's already served his purpose or at least WikiLeaks has. But it's also possible that the IC might hope to use this to get him to talk.

More of Trump selling the health and welfare of the majority of the nation for  cash in his pockets:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/dow-chemical-endangered-species

2 hours ago, Vee said:

Our lone avenger strikes again:

I couldn't figure out why Sanders didn't like Ossoff but then someone on another board explained it. Jon Ossoff's mentor is John Lewis and Bernie hates John Lewis.

Edited by marceline

34 minutes ago, Khan said:

Why does Bern hate John?

Lewis said that he never saw Sanders during the Civil Rights Movement. Since "Bernie marched with MLK" was a big talking point for the Berniacs that was considered an "attack" and Bernie's cult said that Lewis was calling him a liar.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/politics/john-lewis-bernie-sanders-civil-rights/

Edited by marceline

Amazing:

Well, it's true that Obama won Omaha in 2008, but the district has been gerrymandered since then, which is why HRC lost here last year.   It's technically a non partisan race anyway and until recently I was actually thinking of voting for Jean Stothert (and did vote for her in the primary). That's because when I call her "mayor's hotline" to get a pothole fixed, it gets fixed. When the city tries to raise property taxes 20% in one year she gets it lowered to a more reasonable amount.  Does it get any more banal then that?

Abortion is irrelevant to this race as are most of the big ideological issues. In fact, I'm hard pressed to differentiate between Mello and Stothert, since both of them are about cutting taxes. Yet Stothert is for a street car project and Mello wants to cap the restaurant tax, which I see as kind of a luxury tax that should stay.

BUT then Stothert called in Scott Walker and f*ck that. If we are going to have some pathetic little ideological war over Omaha, Nebraska :rolleyes: then I'm going to have to side with my (losing) team. Unfortunately for Heath Mello having Bernie come in is going to hurt him a lot more then help him in my estimation. Hell, Jean features Bernie's endorsement in her ads.  Omaha is a lot more liberal then people who haven't lived here think, but not Bernie Sanders liberal, and it's going to be awhile before metro growth balances out the gerrymandering.

1 minute ago, Khan said:

What can you say?  They have it coming.

all these fools heard was "emails.....wall....make america great again". 

idiots.