The Politics Thread

• Members

Another of those "things used to be awesome with bipartisanship" bits, but the end is more honest in damning Republicans than many of these are.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/how-congress-used-to-work-214981

I wondered where Mercer fit into the Bannon stuff. She's the one who will be a big player down the line I think of anyone in the Trump cabal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/bannon-resign-mercer-trump-236939

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And this 180 after years ago, tweeting that President Obama should not get involved in 'boots on the ground' in Syria, turns around as twists his words to blame Obama for not putting "boots on the ground'.  

Please register in order to view this content

Trump doesn't have a proper foreign policy agenda, just whatever he feels at the moment.  I wonder how active service men and women in the military feel about their prospects these days?  I know there have been some very vocal veterans who have spoken out against Trump's policies but I'm curious if his constant turnabouts have cause enrollment to go down or some military to request honorable discharges in higher numbers.

Meanwhile, something that needed to be done some time ago,

• Members

That's so unfair - Gowdy Doody is a serious, intelligent prosecutor. Just ask the media...

It seems that someone on high has convinced Trump to learn the value of shell games. Nunes and Bannon stepping aside won't really change anything, but people can pretend it will.

• Members

If Gowdy can find a way to tie Trump's treachery into Benghazi and make it HRC's fault then he'll be pleased.

IA that Bannon is all about nothing since he can be added back at anytime. I think Nunes falls into a different category as he may have become a liability with some of the negative attention he's gotten here in good old CA. Sure he's pretty much rendered the HPSCI ineffective so the three-headed replacement will try to continue the runaround and distract game but no one's taking them seriously at this point. Schiff and Swalwell will continue to try to get to the bottom of this regardless and I believe they will find a way to get the truth out despite the Trump stonewall.

I do think that the SSCI and the FBI will be serious about this and I don't think Trump is going to be able to break the IC so all may not be lost. It may be a slow and tedious road but I believe he's going down.

Does he really think telling lies about what Elijah Cummings said is going to benefit him in some way?

• Members

I would say so much dark money but the influence is dark while the identity is very much known. I wonder if/when U.S. politics can ever come back after crossing this threshold?

The Trump administration has taken big money to the excess.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration has almost 500 key positions that are still vacant. Oh well, I guess golf weekends at Mar-a-Lago take precedence.

• Members

Donald Trump Jr. Suggests He Might Run for New York Governor

Please register in order to view this content

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/327536-donald-trump-jr-mentions-a-run-for-new-york-governor-report

President Trump’s eldest son is reportedly setting his sights on a future in politics, telling members of an elite gun club that he may consider running for governor of New York.

“Don Jr. said he is interested in running for office, such as governor of New York, but the position of mayor of New York would be less interesting to him,” one of the meeting’s attendees told Page Six. 

"The politics bug bit me,” he said, according to the report.