The Politics Thread

• Members

This is a victory that those of us who worked and called and protested were not entirely responsible for. It was also a victory that was helped tremendously by the gross incompetence of the Speaker of the House and 45. Governing is not the same as running a business(let's not talk about his business failures that followed him for years). You need consensus building. I know the GOP loves to say the ACA was shoved through but there was careful planning and negotiating for a program that still is not anywhere near perfect. With a speaker by the way who knew how to build consensus and a president who despite many difficult hurdles stuck through it. Both knowing it was going to cost them seats in 2010.

I was actually hoping a vote would happen because I wanted people on record in my state voting for the AHCA. But what does it say about a Speaker who would expose his colleagues to the wrath of their constituents by exposing their allegiance or alleged kacj if it to placate a doofus of a president. Someone on twitter was commenting on how Paul Ryan really mismanaged this and the bullying and trying to intimidate house members by the president actually backfired and turned more of them against him than for him. Someone needs to tell 45, while I have zero love for the GOP house members, they are their to serve their constituents not him.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Trump actually said Democrats let him down?! LOL, he's even more delusional than I gave him credit for!

For years, Paul Ryan, aided and abetted by the GOP, was allowed to cultivate this image of himself as this brilliant wonk, may this spectcular failure unmask and demolish that myth, the way that the cruelties of his bill unmasked the lie he cultivated about being a good Christian, Catholic and compassionate man.

• Members

Yes, that's the best thing about this aside from preserving Obama's legacy which helps millions of people - Ryan finally being unmasked as a total fraud.

"The Art of the Deal" is trending. First result:

This is a staggering admission in its candor and immaturity that many of us knew but I doubt many in the GOP have actually fully reckoned with:

Edited by Vee