Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^ It's really disheartening. I feel like every day we wake up to find out something awful that's being done to the most vulnerable among us. I've read Meals on Wheels doesn't just serve food, but gives seniors a tiny bit of company and someone to check in and make sure they are ok. I hope people are really waking up and vote out everyone who is going along with these terrible policies.

• Members

Who didn't know tearing down Medicaid was a major GOP goal?!  

The Republicans despise poor people and would just rather they die out. Their venom spewing has been quite obvious to me. If the GOP could make poverty a punishable offense, they would.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I think most people knew it. What the article seemed to be suggesting, to me anyway, is that a lot of the bickering over this plan that has gotten most of the attention in the press and among a lot of activists is a cover to help their real plans get through more smoothly.

• Members

I don't buy that because there are republicans whose states will be impacted by a decrease in Medicaid and devastated by a total loss. And some of them are downright adamant about gutting it and tax credits. The idea that those dummies who had seven years to come up with something better are a bunch of evil geniuses is laughable.

• Members

I don't think it's Rove-style machinations, I just think they have a basic goal in all of this which is hidden somewhat more than it should be by all the focus on GOP infighting. Most of the infighting is real, but I think it's also probably somewhat encouraged if it helps distract from the unified goals they do have that will be spun to the public and the press as, "It could have been worse." 

• Members

Oh, it's not a shell game. It's not a brilliant plan. It's just incompetence and internecine warfare. This chaos is real. If something gets done by the more experienced GOP hands amidst their own mess it will be by the skin of their teeth, not because we focused on the wrong things. Sustained public outcry against their plans for health care was essential here and it's happened.