Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I almost invested in CCA, before I understood how bad private prisons are. My husband convinced me it's blood money and since then I've learned he couldn't have been more right. Not that my pittance makes any difference, but just for my own peace of mind I'm glad I never had any part in it. To think these people are making policy that will imprison more people and then making money from it is seriously sick.

I'm not sure, but I do know that the legislature has come close to over turning his tax plan, so even some of the Republicans realize it's a complete disaster. Of course, Brownback vetoed it. Some people can never admit when they completely f*cked up.

• Members

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/richard-spencer-kicked-out-cpac-2017-235311

There's something morbidly interesting about seeing CPAC belatedly take out the trash - after being forced to do so by other conservatives. It makes me think that this wing of the GOP will regroup and ultimately push out Miller and Bannon as well, somehow. The only question is if it will be too late to stop us from going over the cliff. 

(I should say I'm not trying to praise these people as moderate or principled...they're scum. But they are scum with survival instincts. Frankly it's something that the endless pissing contest over the DNC chair makes me wonder if we'll ever have on the left) 

In other news, this makes me feel sick to my stomach:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/23/north-carolina-islamophobia-muslims-threats

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I have as tough time getting my head around the Russia stuff because his supporters genuinely don't care that a foreign power interfered with our election but I feel like the GOP cares but not enough to do anything. Plus I can't help but wonder how many other people have been hacked, compromised or blackmailed.

• Members

You're never going to change the diehards. But I'm not convinced some of the softer group of supporters won't be swayed ultimately when the actual evidence materializes and it will.

There is so much more. The ridiculous idea that the RNC was not hacked is well ridiculous. And I'm convinced more has been hacked.  I watched Malcolm Nance on Maher's show last week(last time I am watching that garbage but I like Nance and Wilmore) and he quickly debunked that ridiculousness Jack Kingston was spewing about how much more protected the RNC and GOP. Nance laughed and told him how naïve he was and that as an ex intelligence officer, if anyone wanted to break in and get your information, no protections would matter no matter how robust you think they are.

Me I am waiting for the Russians to start releasing some of the information they have on the Trump contingent because that's coming at some point. They'll try and deflect attention away from themselves by doing that IMO.