Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Trump administration has not filled at least 3/4 of the 100 most important positions that do not require Congressional approval.

Omarosa is the most experienced staff member of this new administration according to the NYT. Donald Trump and a Sea of Empty Desks

How lazy is this Trump administration?!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I do wonder if this is lazy or by design. It's obvious the cabinet picks are intentional in that it's the works person posssible to make the dept they run slowly dry up and die. Maybe same thing. Then they can reshape in the way they want it. 

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Perhaps but right now, it just makes them look lazy and inefficient. 

I decided to watch a few minutes of CBS This Morning and there was a very enlightening interview with the CEO of FedEx that recently met with members of Trump's administration. 

He disagreed with the U.S. pulling out of the TPP talks, thinks it's a mistake to pull away from trade.

Things that pulling apart NAFTA, as the Trump admin. wants to do, could have a "catastrophic" effect on the economy.

That interview is worth watching, if you can find it. If I see it anywhere online today, I'll try to post here.

BREAKING NEWS:

And of course, Trump decides to keep Comey around. "You did a heck of a job, Comey" he probably said.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

He cares too much about having people in his administration pitted against each other. I remember reading an article a few years ago about the man who basically bankrupted Sears (was it Sears?) and how he had the same mentality. He thought this was a way to drive up business. 

I'm surprised he wasn't hired by Trump...

• Members

Gee, you'd almost think this administration isn't prepared to stick around for four years.

("Must not get my hopes up.  I repeat: must not get my hopes up.")

But seriously.  It seems to me you have now within the current administration people who maybe know all the ins and outs of campaigning but know less than jack about actually running things; and that's when populism must give way to good, old-fashioned Establishment experience.  

If TrumpCo. wants to stop this bleeding, they'll have to reach out to the other wing of the GOP and get experienced professionals in there to help them organize. And they'll have to shut up for once and listen to whatever expertise these people can offer, no matter how much it KILLS 'em.  Otherwise, it'll be one embarrassing "reboot" after another, with the only flip side being they'll be too distracted with damage control to wreck the economy and restrict civil liberties.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Well, the FBI is said to be still investigating certain Trump associates so there's that. Perhaps Trump believes that if he keeps Comey under his purview, he can control what comes out of that investigation (if anything at all comes out of that investigation).

The worst case scenario is quid por quo, which I'm sure Trump believes in but does Comey?

• Members

One of the "I told you so's" we need to keep saying is that experience and knowledge matter.

I friend of mine who was raised by a malignant narcissist says that's a very popular tactic. It makes people desperate to please them just out of self preservation.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Seriously can I say F Bernie Sanders. This rolling over is not going to endear him at all to anyone other than that same alt left base. If he thinks minorities are going to support him when he does things like this but then snubs his nose as what he calls identity politics he can take a flying leap. And I hope white women are waking up to this fraud. They just signed an anti women healthcare funding order yesterday and Bernie is all smiles today. Collaborating with a sociopath is not "good" it just makes you look like am enabler.