Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So intercepted communications and ties with Trump campaign and Russia being investigated by intelligence, FBI, and criminal investigation unit  with the Treasury Dept.So word is this leaked so the investigation doesn't get shut down tomorrow. Obviously if they do it makes them look guilty. According to Michael McFaul former ambassador to Russia the FISA warrant is a big deal and apparently something they applied for months ago, were turned down, and had to reapply for with more evidence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html?_r=2

• Members

Funny in its presentation from Samantha Bee, but scary as shît from a brilliant Russian journalist, a lesbian who fled Putin's regime and has spoken a lot about this recently:

For the record, I think Gessen is both clear-eyed and very right about Trump and her country and potentially very wrong about how our nation will react - the United States does not have the history of institutionalized fascism that Russia does. Americans love being the ugly rebel. She is absolutely right that the only way out is to stay vigiliant and active.

Edited by Vee

• Members

well let's see......have a Universal Monster Marathon set (Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and the sequels), ID Channel....which has some good shows on all day..catching up on Y&R.....all after I come home from a fraternity brother's older brother's funeral. Starting off on a solemn note, bt great tv watching after that...so, if anyone can stomach what that creature says today (I saw pictures of the family's reactions to last night's concert.....they looked like they were walking the planks) please let me know. I thank you.

• Members

"Embarrassing" doesn't BEGIN to describe the lineup for the concert OR the turnout.  TrumpCo. knew they needed more A-Listers in order to legitimize both the concert and the transfer of power.  No doubt, Faux News and others will spin it as a record-smashing event.  Make no mistake, though, TrumpCo. knows the concert was a bad omen.

• Members

I've avoided most clips, gifs and any coverage or pre-inauguration concerts and I don't have on even a tv or online stream of anything at the moment but I yesterday, someone on social media posted a picture comparing 2009 pre-inaugural concert crowds to yesterday and in 2009, it was wall-to-wall people, meanwhile 2017, yesterday, was particularly sparse.

Anyhoo,

this article shows that although, the failure to close Guantánamo was technically a broken campaign promise, the Obama administration undertook a carefully thought out, very methodical, case-by-case approach to placing the prisoners in other places, most of the prisoners could not be repatriated and the administration had to find other countries willing to take them, while the prisoners themselves had to agree to go (a few wouldn't) to those countries.

President Obama inherited 242 detainees from the Bush administration. The Obama administration will leave 41 detainees to the Trump administration.

Obama Transfers 4 From Guantánamo, Leaving 41 There as Term Ends

• Members

Watch closely now....

That...isn't saying much, lol.

Mama Khan is watching the inauguration on Faux News, so I'm listening (with my earbuds) to music on my iPad mini.  I'd much rather listen to the Cookies sing "Keep Your Hands Off My Baby" than FOB recite the presidential oath of office.

• Members

Here's how much debt the US government added under President Obama

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/heres-much-debt-us-government-111000046.html

Based on the website USdebtclock.com, which extrapolates the US national debt in real time based on committed government spending, the debt will be roughly $19.97 trillion when President-elect Donald Trump takes office on Friday.

Thus, the national debt under Obama will have grown by about $9 trillion, or an increase of 86%.

Edited by GregNYC