Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's deluded. He's nowhere near having one of the largest electoral college wins. 

2016 - Donald Trump - 302 Electoral College Votes 
2012 - Barack Obama - 332 Electoral College Votes
2008 - Barack Obama - 365 Electoral College Votes 
2004 - George Bush - 286 Electoral College Votes 
2000 - George Bush - 271 Electoral College Votes  
1996 - Bill Clinton - 379 Electoral College Votes  
1992 - Bill Clinton - 370 Electoral College Votes  
1988 - George Bush - 426 Electoral College Votes  
1984 - Ronald Regan - 525 Electoral College Votes 
1980 - Ronald Regan - 489 Electoral College Votes 
1976 - Jimmy Carter - 297 Electoral College Votes 
1972 - Richard Nixon - 520 Electoral College Votes 

Ronald Regan is. He's freaking 9th. 

I swear fact check is not his/his campaign's friend. 

• Members

Wouldn't it be funny if we were to learn Donald Trump had been nothing more than a puppet for Vladimir Putin and the Russian government?  I mean, we've been saying all along that that narcissistic bastard is not fit to run the country.  But if we were to discover he was played just as much we were, and by darker forces....

Don't get me wrong -- there's every chance in the world that TrumpCo. knew about Russia's intentions and either actively cooperated or just looked the other way.  But think about it: Russia interferes with the election process in order to get Trump elected, but Trump believes he's president-elect because the nation genuinely loves him (until, of course, he learns that's actually not the case).  That would be funny, right?

Well, I know I would laugh.  Donald Trump would end up looking like a fat, empty-headed stooge, and I would be laughing and slow-clapping the whole damn time.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Well...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/rex-tillerson-exxonmobil-secretary-state-232455

I'll tell you one thing - I hope all those people out there on the left who said they wanted Trump to win because they wanted to see the world burn are happy, because these picks are doing their best to do that. I genuinely believe a lot of idiots didn't think he'd have the gall or the backing to stack the deck with so many whose #1 goal is to turn the planet into one big landfill. 

• Members

No, that's exactly what he is and was.

The Russians have a term for him in their language. It basically translates as "useful idiot".

This is unavoidable treason and espionage, and the media has picked it up. Someone in our government needs to come out and either stop this or do something actionable towards Russia about it before the end of January.

Edited by Vee

• Members

If you don't mind turning off your adblock this is a good, quick read on the pointlessness and hazy nothingness of Jill Stein's recount. All that money for nothing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/08/jill-steins-doomed-recount-effort-is-fading-and-she-still-cant-quite-explain-why-she-did-it/?utm_term=.451aec6c0218

They were just saying it because they were pissed off, but I was glad that some called her out as a scam artist, because that's all this is and as far as I'm concerned that's just about all she is. 

This or another article also mentions that this could just be the start of the money schemes that have plagued the right for years now. Sadly I would not be surprised. 

The Politico "10 things" article said that he got the Mexican rape stuff while talking to two guards before his announcement, or something like that. It's terrifying how susceptible he may be. I just hope that the people most in his ear are the ones who are the least like Beavis and Butthead on crystal meth.

• Members

But they won't.  Some might do the right thing, of course, but it won't be enough.

We're just fucked.

You wouldn't think someone as wealthy as Trump is would BE so...susceptible.

I know I will never watch his cameo in "Judith Krantz's 'I'll Take Manhattan'" the same way again.

• Members

I don't know whether anyone has been following the tangled saga of prolific doping of many Russian Olympic athletes but this article yielded a very interesting quote by a Russian MP.

Russia doping scandal: Russian MP hopes ‘our beloved Mr Trump’ will end doping investigation

“All this has a strong political undertone and we and all Russians hope that our beloved Mr Trump will put an end to this.”

---  MP Igor Lebedev