The Politics Thread

• Members

They are going to gain Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana for sure. I think Ayotte is a goner now. Rubio is now neck and neck in Fl, as is Toomey in Pa, and Cortez has jumped ahead Heck in NV.

Garland may not be my preferred choice but if the dems take over the senate, I want him to be allowed to serve. I think it would be tacky to pull back his nomination.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'll be interested to see how that goes. In the past HRC has said things to BLM activists that didn't go over well but, frankly, are exactly the same things I've been saying to young activists over the last few years. One big issue I've found with the BLM movement is that too many young activists enjoy the protesting and "hearts and minds" aspect but get bored when it comes to hammering out policy. I really don't want to see a repeat of the video where two BLM activists met with her backstage at one of her appearance and proceeded to talk about their feeling and wishes. Umm, no. If you get face time with the most powerful woman on the planet, respect the opportunity and talk about [!@#$%^&*] policy!

Edited by marceline

• Members

I think Indiana and NH will be close - Bayh is rusty and IN will likely go for Trump, and Ayotte is another media darling (unfortunately for her she's also a colossal dumbass). I could see Democrats either picking up 1 or 2 seats (as WI seems to have tightened I can't guess who will win) or getting 4-5. I hope it's the latter because otherwise Hillary won't get any of her judges through.

Meanwhile, a disturbing account (if I were you I wouldn't click on the link itself as National Review is just a pseudo-intellectual far right mouthpiece) of the sustained hate campaign against a conservative and his family because of opposition to Trump. A part of me thinks, "This is what they set up for years and now it's coming home to roost," but I feel like that's giving a free pass to this stuff. The attacks against his child are especially disgusting.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-french-abuse-as-a-never-trumper

• Members

Indiana is not the typical red state. Them going for Trump is not a surprise but despite everything both Bayh and Feingold are popular. Bayh is ahead now by 6% and Feingold by about the same. Maybe they were ahead by more. Combine Indiana with the fact Pence is hated there. There are dump Pence signs all over the state. The new GOPer running isn't remotely tying himself to Pence but the prior Governor who was a GOPer but stayed away from the social aspect of the GOP. Ayotte is not going to win I don't care what kind of media darling she was. Her last couple of weeks have cost her. And Rubio now has been hammered with rallies and commericlals by his opponent and the president and the Miami Herald just endorsed his opponent. PEC has the dems chance of winning the senate now at 79% and I trust Sam Wang a heck of a lot more than Silver.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

What hurts Bayh is the drip-drip of stories about how out of touch he is or was (the latest being that he barely spent time in his IN apartment in his last year in the Senate). With Murphy, the DSCC pretty much cut him off. But there's still a slim chance in FL and I'd guess IN is still lean Bayh for the moment.