Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I get this strong feeling that it won't be over post election. I think the bottom is gonna fallout post election. I see Trump's followers going bananas and lashing out. I also see Trump demanding a recall and claiming the system is rigged. Seeing as we only have 8 SCOTUS, I can see this going to a stalemate too. 

• Members

I don't believe we are in any way shape or form similar to 2000 and I think in this case there will be no tie decision. I think Justice Roberts IMO will weigh on the side of what is right versus partisanship.

Garland by the way is very well liked by Roberts and word is he's personally very frustrated that no confirmation hearings have been allowed to move forward.

The one positive if there is any is that at least the GOP is not condoning Trump's "rigging" statements and have all come out in support of the election process. And I don't think ALL supporters of Trump believe this nonsense or won't accept the result of the election.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Rove worked hard to drum up outrage, like the "Brooks Brothers Riot," with the men in suits protesting in Florida. I think we may see a much uglier version of that. I expect a slew of vandalism and hate crimes. I also imagine many will never accept Hillary won, although they won't whether she wins by 1 state or 15. 

If I'm worried about anything it's intimidation at the polls and vote rigging.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Doubtful. There's no indication that this election is going to be remotely close. Trump already knows he's going to lose. All this talk of rigging is just his attempt to save face. Once this is over he's going to need to focus on his tanking business and his rape trial. His minions will be left to rail and freak out online. The ones who talk too much will get a visit by Homeland Security. The real problem will be with the establishment Republicans who try to go back to business as usual which we already saw with John McCain saying that they won't have hearings on any of Hillary's SCOTUS nominees.

• Members

Trump has apparently invited the mother of one of the Benghazi victims to the last debate. 

She's been asked about Benghazi in interview after interview, but how do you even respond when the mother is in your presence? I know it wasn't her fault and the report reflects that, but if I were here, I'd be worried about framing my answer. 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

There's nothing left to be said about Benghazi. Pat Smith is sadly, just a old woman driven insane by grief. Even her son's widow wants nothing to do with her and has gone on record stating that he wouldn't approve of her behavior. This is nothing more than a classic "mother hates daughter in law" battle and it's going to have no impact. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Pat Smith has a nervous breakdown during the debate and makes a scene. Trump would love that but it would only go to show how unfit he is to be Commander-in-Chief by subjecting a gold star mother to stress and public humiliation.

• Members

More media gushing over Rubio. They just can't quit him. From the day of the election on expect a full court press saying he's the 2020 frontrunner. I haven't seen Chris Cillizza this enraptured since his hilarious years cheerleading for "T-Paw," who was going to win because he's the "blue-collar" "Sam's Club Republican." 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/18/72-seconds-that-prove-why-republicans-would-have-been-way-better-off-nominating-marco-rubio/

• Members

Rubio is never going to recover from this election season. He was emasculated but most of all, made to look like an incompetent fool. Not only by Trump but most pointedly by himself in that debate where he just rattled off talking points over and over. "Little Marco" rolling over for Trump and endorsing will not be forgotten. The reign of Trump demolished a huge field of GOP hopefuls. He embarrassed and humiliated almost all of them to the point of no return in several cases.

Edited by Vee