Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Let's be very clear: There is no new low bar for the debates.

There is no 'potential victory' at the debates.

There is no comeback narrative.

There is only this.

Politico:

Don't be afraid to call this election what it now is: A death march.

That is not me cherry-picking optimism. That is the reality every single one of us is seeing except in the most desperate corners of Fox News. There are even rumors of Pence dropping out.

It's over.

More from the bunker.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh, they are coming forward already, former miss Utah, Temple Taggart, and a Pagaent owner, Jill Harth.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-words-echo-womans-allegations-507763

From what I'm reading there isn't any way at this point that the RNC can replace Trump on the ticket. The only option would be for Trump to drop out, which would essentially make Pence the nominee, but that can only happen if Trump wins the election (And states he would resign immediately), and congress invokes the 25th amendment.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

The use of the leaked e-mails as what is going to work against Hillary annoys me, because she said very little in those that should surprise or alienate any voter in such a high-stakes election, yet this is being spun as some type of "gotcha" moment in waiting. 

Her people must be on a knife's edge as he could go out there and spew bile, or just do his usual constipated pouting to try to show he's above it all, hoping the press will put her in the same box they put Kaine in - that she was in the gutter while Trump was above it all, blah blah blah.

It's too bad she can't just skip the debate. 

I read that there is a way the GOP could take him off the ballot but they don't want to go that far. Not sure if it's true or not. 

• Members

Except for Sasse, are any of these people truly anti-Trump or rats fleeing from a sinking ship?  McCain should be ashamed of himself more than anyone.   Mitt Romney and Sasse deserve some respect for being true never-trumpers.  The rest of these people would endorse their mother's killer if they thought it could help get them elected.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

She's got no reason to want to skip the debate. There is zero room for error for Trump, and he is now considered a national disgrace ready to humiliate himself anew. She has every reason to attend and put him in the ground. The only spin claiming he has a ghost's chance or that Hillary is in any danger is from his remaining Republican loyalists and a few desperate GOP pollsters. Even those are few and far between.

Re: Kaine, everyone forgot that debate an hour after it happened. The only takeaway that mattered was the one prescient of this weekend - Pence unable to defend Trump.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They're craven sycophants. The dumbest of them all must be Ted Cruz, who completely destroyed any slim chance he had of 2020 and any shred of respect anyone ever had for him...all for it to be blown up a few weeks later. Desperate. Most of the people who endorsed him are not likely to pay any political price, because their careers are winding down or they're in safe seat, but I do hope the current polls are wrong and prize idiots like Kelly Ayotte (another media darling - I still remember when they gushed over how she was sure to be a future VP...funny how I don't hear that anymore) lose. They deserve it. 

Most disgusting of all is Mike Pence, hater of women and lgbt people, very proud of it, who is now a hero to the press and the bigot brigades because he fills the stern (white) father fantasies that drive everything they say or do. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Ridiculous yet not exactly surprising. Just one poll, but it shows no real change in the race after the tape. The most interesting thing, and one that doesn't really surprise me knowing how much certain GOP voters prize loyalty, is that politicians who now dump Trump are seen more negatively than those who stand by him.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/politico-morning-consult-poll-229394

Some people really are just stupid though. I was looking around to see some reactions to SNL's latest awkward attempt at political commentary, and most were anti-Trump, had always been, yet I saw one person saying things like, "It was 11 years ago," and, "He wasn't even married at the time - at least he didn't cheat like Bill Clinton." (he actually was married and he cheated on a previous wife, but let's just ignore that...). These are the types of zombies who will never go anywhere. I wonder if they are also the idiots who in that poll, (10%) actually said the video improved their opinion of him.

• Members

That's a Republican voter poll! Of course they worship him, that's his hardcore base. But it is shrinking.

What you have to look at is not only the undecideds, but the women who are pulling Trump signs off their lawns - something that is apparently happening, even when they're not being polled. You can't go by random internet comments sections mobbed by trolls and polls of Republican voters to determine that this did nothing to the race.

• Members

Internet comments sections are pretty much worthless, but I think they do reflect that both candidates are intensely hated and it's such a bilge that nothing much rises to the top. I was talking to someone at the store today who basically said she was repulsed by Trump but didn't really want to vote for anyone. That doesn't mean anything either, it's just anecdotal, but I think it does reflect one of the reasons why the average voter has not been able to flush him out of the race. I think Hillary will win, I no longer think anything out there is going to spring up and shock her (the most damaging leaks are probably over with), barring some type of terrorist attack I don't even want to think about so I won't. But I do think that a lot of people already saw the Trump of the tape as who he really was and are much more cynical than the press and the Beltway, which still has fantasies of Joe Sixpack and Soccer Mom Jane, realizes. I don't know how much it will move the needle this late in the day.