Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No one is saying that outside the right wing. This was a triumph.

No, I don't think so. He already had that break for most of September. I think it's over for him. They gave him his honeymoon after August to try to shore up the numbers, and he responded with the hotel press conference fiasco which they took as an insult - and insulting them is what matters to the press. Then he did this. I think they may try to see if he can come back, but he won't. They're not going to kowtow to Breitbart or Rudy Giuliani. It's not going to happen.

Watch the debate itself, then watch the press. Everyone - even Fox News - is saying Hillary destroyed him. The most they can spin it is a handful of people trying to claim he was okay for the first 15-30 minutes (he wasn't). It's not changing. Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, if you pardon the tortured backstory.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Last night, Seth Meyers mentioned that some on Fox News gave her props. He followed it up with a comment along the lines of, "Well, I guess global warming really is a hoax because hell has frozen over." :lol:

Edit: Per Hollywood Reporter (are they legit?), Trump-Clinton debate officially most-watched debate ever with 84 million viewers.

Edited again: Twitter analytics ap show that TrumpWon hashtag originated in Russia and Google Trends is showing twice as many searches for "donate Hillary Clinton" than "donate Donald Trump" in the last 24 hours.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

FWIW, the Arizona Republic just endorsed Hillary Clinton - first endorsement of a Democrat since publication began in 1890.

Edit: I love when you can see how happy she is (and this isn't a reference to people previously giving her a hard time for not smiling; it's just me happy to see her enjoying herself).

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Did anyone see the Frontline special The Choice on PBS? I watched it last night. It's up on their website. Despite all the years of watching and reading about the personal histories of each of the two candidates (although I have a visceral reaction to calling one of them an actual, serious candidate), there were still some illuminating aspects presented in the program.  Frontline also laid out a timeline that made the narrative fascinating.

• Members

You might want to goto twitter and look at the shitstorm this article is causing. And Nina Turner is a disgruntled Bernie supporter. Check out Darren Hutchinson and Tom Watson. Black people are getting TIRED of being told they only show up when an when a black is running. This is the same narrative the press ran all primary season when Bernie became the hot ticket. I'm not suggesting not being concerned but all we can do it vote and support ALL OF US. I'm actually volunteering to work phone banks something I  have NEVER done before rather than sit back and stress myself out along with 2 AA colleagues who are actually tied of hearing how unenthused they are by the press.

• Members

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment. I think social media has skewed perception of what elections were really like before 2008. Obama was a historic candidate---- Hillary is too but I think many have become desensitized to how truly patriarchal our society was and is. Hillary's base is older voters. They are not on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram shouting and making memes. They are at the polls. Articles like those are honestly hogwash to me. Hillary is very popular among Black Women (this is the group that cost her the primary in 2008 and won her several primary races in 2016), and I also read how she is very popular with Spanish-speaking Latinos who are under polled. She led Trump like 70-30 in households with Spanish and English speaking people. 

• Members

Just read a headline that says FBI will not reopen case in regards to Hillary's emails. So did the Republicans see how awesome she was during the debate and decide to dig up old news?

BTW, Michelle did Hillary ad about children. It's like 30 seconds, so I think that's one that will air on TV in the swing states.