Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This makes Palin's debate night look good.

Hillary brings back "a man who can be provoked by a tweet" - if you haven't seen this debate, watch the split screen. He is raging and seething, struggling the whole time, visibly. Especially then.

"That line is getting old," Trump says.

Hillary: "It's a good one, though." The audience laughs and claps.

• Members

From infamous GOP poll guru Frank Luntz:

The audience explodes into another round of applause for Hillary as she calls him on the stamina crap.

A handful of Trumpers applaud on his weak rejoinder to try to save it.

Now he's babbling about Rosie!

Edited by Vee

• Members

You don't have to be born in America. You can also be the child of an American citizen. That's why the birther stuff was so odious. Even if Obama had been born in Kenya, his mother was American so he would still be considered American. Which is how you know it really was all about his race. 

• Members

Chris Matthews: "She cleaned his clock tonight. It was a bit embarrassing. It was A Few Good Men, she was Tom Cruise, he was Jack Nicholson. It was not close. It was over tonight."

Please, please watch the full debate. The split-screen is amazing. MSNBC is analyzing his insane expressions!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Let me rephrase: To be president, you have to be American, be it of a parent or parents who were/are American, or born in the US yourself.

And I think the asswipes tried to use Obama's father being from...Africa, was it? Against him. There's also the whole Hawaii angle which confuses me because Hawaii has been a state since 1959!

• Members

Many people on Twitter remarked that Trump ranted like a man on speed.  At first, I was concerned that he would interrupt her constantly but she made the adjustment and let him wear himself out before she inserted coherent statements.

Trump often looked flustered and out of depth. Saying that he thought failing to pay federal taxes made him smart.  He was such a mess.

No one would blame Hillary if she didn't feel she had to do much but she took the debate seriously (mentioning that yes, she prepared) and she very calmly thrashed him.

Lester Holt did not do a very good job as moderator and I fear he might be the best of the lot. Hopefully the others took notes tonight on proper moderation technique. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The sniffing is already a meme. Everyone was saying coke, but I have no idea. I think it was a tic - he can't handle rules. He can't handle having to focus for 90 minutes, let alone 10. He can't handle being talked back to or denied. He can't handle women.