The Politics Thread

• Members

They cover him because he's a freakshow and gooses their numbers, not because they worship him. The problem is that they are also removed from the dangers and thus detached that they also continue to play the 'both sides' game in the hopes of maintaining a horse race at the same time, and that is a treacherous mix with a racist egomaniac like Trump.

As for campaign money and ground game, he needs them because he's still way behind and will continue to be. We saw the limits of his 'free media' strategy at the end of the primaries, and that's why he's in the basement now and will stay there. We can be annoyed at the media all we like, but nothing they do is changing that. Are they complicit? Of course, as usual. They want to be appalled by Trump but also keep covering him while negging on Clinton. But despite their irresponsible double-standard, he is still losing. Badly.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting

"The proposed answers were devised by aides working for the Trump campaign and the RNC. according to an official who has been involved in the planning but declined to be identified while speaking about confidential strategy."

This campaign staff must still be a mess with this leaked. And funny for a man who wants the press to hang on his every word, no press.

I don't buy any AA person is fooled by an attempt by the man who tried repeatedly to de-legitimize the country's first black president.

• Members

I think it's a good group. I like the diversity of picks. I doubt Trump will be able to handle being moderated by a woman, gay man and/or a black man so I think it will push him closer to a breakdown which is my fervent hope. I want this election to end with Trump in a psych ward.

Honestly, I think he'll bail after the first debate. He'll complain that he wasn't treated "fairly" and flounce.