The Politics Thread

• Members

Nothing will come of it, though.  They'll "investigate," Trump's people will lie (and blame it on Hillary/Obama), they'll determine no further action need be taken, and we will have to draw a new line for Trump to cross (which he will - and in record time).  

At this point, Trump could literally gun down someone in cold blood, and we STILL would have to question why he hasn't been forced out of the election.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At this point, there is no way to force Trump out of the race other than him stepping out voluntarily. Even if the Republican Party wanted to take the nomination from him, it would only be ceremonial. He'd still have the Republican line on the ballot. You can't force anyone out of an election when they have been chosen by voters.

• Members

Seems like CNN focused on new Clinton emails (are these the one from the DNC server?) that raise questions about her finances. Also, that guy scaling the Trump Tower. But what's up with her finances? Is that somehow more important than Trump's taxes? Or you know what Trump said yesterday? Could you imagine if Hillary said something like that? 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Meet the new "NASCAR dads" and "soccer moms," and they seem as stupid and ill-informed as you'd expect (complete with "have a beer with").

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/who-will-walmart-moms-vote-for-226860

I saw in a Youtube comments section (where else) that people were trying to claim Hillary was having Bernie booster killed (Vince Foster is so passe I guess), and apparently that sleazy man is behind this too:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hillary-clinton-wikileaks-seth-rich-conspiracy

• Members

Today in Trump: Obama is the founder of ISIS!

Also in the Shît You Can't Make Up Department: While ranting that Hillary 'knew' Omar Mateen's father was at a recent Clinton campaign event because campaigns always know who's seated, Trump had a guest at his own rally - disgraced congressman Mark Foley.

Edited by Vee

• Members

If you are a republican I can see wanting him to step aside, but for everyone else it is becoming more obvious every day Trump is wrecking the party.  Let him.   Assuming all these polls are honest, she was just as disliked as he was and yet she is still up 10 pts.  Let him go on his merry way.  You can almost believe the conspiracy theory Joe Scarborough floated a week or so back that Bill Clinton called his friend Donald Trump and said  <cue Darrell Hammond accent> "I have an idea..."  

I think that would be incredibly funny if true, but while that would be the Clintons' ultimate revenge on the GOP I can't see Trump going for that.    I don't think the republicans have a chance in hell since he picked a fight with that war dad.    That guy was like the guy who took down McCarthy.

• Members

Trump is still hanging on to his claim that Obama founded ISIS. I'm kind of loving this. I feel like he's finally turned a corner where people aren't genuinely surprised anymore by his raving. The press has pretty much taken to treating him like Otis from The Andy Griffith Show.

He's already preparing his sorry followers for his inevitable loss. From NPR:

"All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically (incorrect) even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK." He added, "I go back to a very good way of life."