Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Although, I do think that Hillary will arrive at the debates fully prepared to demolish Trump, it's hard to wrap my mind around the possibility that Trump could "duck the debates" how would that even be possible?

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/29/mark-cuban-i-bet-this-is-donald-trumps-biggest-debate-fear/21440871/

• Members

I am sure most of you saw this last night, but the speech by the Muslim Gold Star family, who's son was killed in Iraq and was awarded the Purple Heart posthumously. Very powerful stuff. Perhaps the most moving speech of the convention IMO

But typical Fox News. They cut into it and didn't show it to their viewers.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/07/28/fox-news-plays-benghazi-commercial-over-khazir-khans-anti-trump-speech-democratic-national/212012

• Members

Yeah, I've seen many, many Republican pundits saying Hillary and the Dems 'took our stuff' over the last week - strong on security with John Allen speaking, pushing optimism, pride and American exceptionalism. They seem very grim today. The contrast between the RNC and the DNC - how they were put together, presented and received - has been stark.

Here's Trump blaming the GOP for the convention not going so great. The fact that we topped the ratings - which is all he cares about - must make him crazy.

Another great idea after the past few days which have converted both Repubs and wavering Bernie kids I know: Trump explains in public why Republicans have 'no choice' but to vote for him.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Trump's right - a lot of people will vote for him because of SCOTUS. That's his best argument, beyond whatever weird con job he does about the economy that seems to have a lot of support.

Like you said, the reactions to the convention have been some to remember. That bigot Mike Pence actually chided Obama for "name-calling."  And they also went after Hillary for "plagiarizing" a line in her speech. They're obviously trying to do the whole Karl Rove weakness-is-strength thing, but it's laughable in this case.

• Members

The GOP is in its current position because everything they believe has been taken to extreme. The racism, the divisiveness, the fear mongering, the fact-averseness, etc... has all been taken to the nth degree and that brings you Trump advocating the Russians hack us while members of the military, faith leaders and Mike Bloomberg show up to the DNC. 

• Members

John McCain's granddaughter endorces Clinton. I guess she's still stinging from the remarks Trump make about her grandfather.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/289801-mccain-granddaughter-comes-out-in-support-of-clinton

This may be the closest Clinton ever gets in getting a McCain endorsement since he is in a tough re-election battle of his own. I don't believe for a second she would come out in favor of Clinton without his blessing.

• Members

Today in Trump: Rambling bout the fire marshals at the hotel his current disastrous press conference is at, and suggesting we bring back courier pigeons vs. emails.

Meanwhile, following the triumphant DNC Joe Scarborough finally panics and begs the GOP to cut Trump loose, but not before insisting that Trump is 'a big government Democrat'.

Edited by Vee