The Politics Thread

• Members

There is a big difference between wiping the floor with ineffectual Republicans refusing to engage in a primary vs. the general election. The Donald has not shown himself adept at handling any scrutiny or pressure in a general election thus far.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We already discussed that fact checking doesn't move the pendulum against Donald in any measurable way, and that his voter's don't care re: Donald's presentation being a factor in his electability, but you are entitled to your opinion. My belief is that his presentation is not a factor for voters.

Edited by Skin

• Members

The thing to remember is that he is performing poorly with college educated white voters, which is the demographic that he can't afford to lose. To win without them he'd need more than 70% of the non-college educated white vote, plus a better amount of Black and Hispanics than Romney got.

• Members

over 100 million people voted 4 years ago. if some IMPO think what MSNBC, CNN and that other network has to say about polls and how close the race is...they are doing themselves a disservice. 4 years ago, Romney was up by 6 points in the polls the day before election day...and Obama won by almost 4 million votes.

• Members

Right. We have to hope/believe/pray that polling is suspect do to cell phones and such.  I'm not an optimist by nature, so I'm going to worry until I see that Clinton has won.

I think people are more worried about terrorism now as well.  I've been surprised at the number of people around me saying that we need to "get tough" with the Islamic state. These are mostly college educated males who think Trump can do that. It boggles the mind.

• Members

When they said the name I was assuming it was someone else, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was Maxine Shaw. She was much more articulate than Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato Jr. or Kimberlin Brown at the RNC. If an actor speaks, they should sound like Erika Alexander, which was intelligent.