Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Ted Cruz doesn't endorse Trump tonight. Don't do it Ted! He said your wife is ugly and your daddy helped kill JFK.

More seriously, I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that this conspiracy theory nutter got the nomination. I will never fully understand how it came to this.

• Members

Cruz is speechifying but pointedly not directly mentioning endorsing Trump by name. The NY delegation is chanting either "we want Trump" or "endorse Trump" over him. They're in revolt. The crowd is erupting in boos.

There he goes: No endorsement. The crowd is booing him off the stage en masse. Amazing.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The GOP can't get enough of using that "What difference does it make at this point?" quote out of context. It's so boring. If I never hear the word Benghazi again it will be too soon. It is tragic that Americans lost their lives but the REPUBLICAN LED investigation was a real thing. It happened. No incompetence was found. Get over it. 

• Members

The funniest part is Ted Cruz went out of his way not to insult or dismiss Trump for most of the primaries, because he, like most people, thought Trump would flame out. They were fools to let him on the stage, but I'm glad they did. He certainly had no reason to kiss ass, the way losers like Christie have done just so they can get some job in his Cabinet. 

• Members

Trump personally attacked Cruz's family, so Cruz pretty much paid him back for it. Cruz is already disliked within party circles, which made his future prospects for the presidency dim anyway, so he had zero to lose by doing this. Trump was visibly angry afterwards, he was even angry through most of his own son's speech.

• Members

Looks like Ted and wife got a nasty reception (the article doesn't mention it but he was also turfed out of moneybags Sheldon Alderson's suite).

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/20/ted_cruz_wife_confronted_by_angry_donors_delegates_after_speech.html

I think the newest spin is that Trump knew about this and it's all a stunt, but I don't know if I buy that. I don't think his ego could take this type of embarrassment.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Now I find Ted Cruz a despicable human being, but honestly he was the only one I heard who talked about the bigger picture and at least he stood by his convictions, as disgusting as they are, unlike the sellouts of Christie and Rubio.  And I wish someone would explain what anyone ever saw in Scott Walker. The guy could win a role as a zombie on The Walking Dead just by being himself.

Edited by JaneAusten