The Politics Thread

• Members

Unbelievable. After being lectured by his supporters for the last year about how only Bernie cares about people and is able to bring about real change, he couldn't even be bothered to show up when the Democrats finally stand up on one of the most important issues facing us right now.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actually, there's been a fairly decent-sized backlash on Twitter, both from press and regular folks. I think he'll be hearing about it.

Every other story out there today is wondering why he won't concede, is he delusional, etc. I honestly think Bernie will end up suspending without an official concession at this point. I don't think his ego can tolerate it. He's unmasked himself as a very sad, small man this season.

• Members

Unfortunately, many right-wingers in Europe have latched themselves onto the Brexit vs. Remain divide on the side of Brexit.  These right wingers have been around for years spewing anti-immigrant vitriol and parties like UKIP  had been rebuffed by voters in the U.K. but found new life with this latest campaign.  

I was just reading how many death threats many female MPs get by e-mail and social media only to be told that they are overreacting to what are usually online threats.  This is tragic event illustrates why threats need to be considered with caution and not dismissed.  Today, I just kept thinking about the threats to female politicians worldwide and that, in the U.S., how fortunate Gabby Giffords is to be alive after what happened to her.  

I dislike how this tragedy is being used by people claiming that gun control doesn't work.  Nobody said that it would prevent every single gun death but does that mean that we shouldn't even try?  Even taking down gun deaths by a small percentage makes the effort worth it. Do we really want to be comparing gun deaths in the U.K. to the U.S.?  There's no comparison, the carnage in the U.S. far outweighs all other industrialized countries.

As for Bernie, he's already missed so many Senate votes and meetings that I have very low expectations of him.  The truth that his fans/supporters must acknowledge is that Bernie has always been about Vermont issues first and only Vermont, even if it affects neighboring states like Newtown, CT, Bernie doesn't care because it doesn't affect Vermont.  My problem with Bernie's presidential politics is that he mistakenly believed that what was good for Vermont was automatically good for the rest of the country and shame on anybody else for not agreeing with this.

I was not surprised that he was a no-show.  He only participates with the Democrats when it serves his purpose.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Bernie's webcast - which he missed the filibuster for - is just his stump speech. Again. Some more. Oh, and refusing to concede.

"To those relatively few elected officials who have the courage to stand with us, I say thank you." God.

Well, MSNBC has had enough, they've cut away.

Edited by Vee