The Politics Thread

• Members

I also think that Cruz is worse than Trump. I think that it's unfortunate that someone who helped orchestrate a government shutdown and was willing to let it go on as long as possible to suit his agenda/views, has as much support as he does. Cruz was a driving force behind that and was willing to let several groups of people suffer financially, including very vulnerable groups of people. It seems like a lot of the country has forgotten that though. I think he should be one of the fewest vote getters in this whole race.

I wish Cruz would have been one of the first people to drop out of the race. I would have rather seen him go before Christie, and I don't care for Christie and think he can be abrasive. A fear I have is that once Rubio drops out, he may have enough supporters to help Cruz close the gap on Trump. That and maybe some assistance from a lot other Republicans who don't like Trump, could make things a lot closer between those two.  Trump is not my ideal presidential candidate, but I would hate to see Cruz get the Republican nomination. I think he would be the worst president we have to date. If by some chance he is nominated, I hope Hillary beats him out. 

Edited by xtr

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that we have to hope HRC's "firewall" saves us all, but I agree that being complacent would be a mistake.  Maybe the press will really come down on him once he's the nominee, instead of glorying in the drama and ratings. And hey, I'll admit it's been the kind of election cycle that I can't look away from, but back in he fall I never thought it would get this ugly.

• Members

That's the indignity for Theon I can't forgive.

He'll get a big money job. It's all about the money for him anyway. 

I don't know if it was in here before but this profile on Robby Mook, who has a job that is likely almost impossible (dealing with Hillary's many hangers-on and "advisers"), is pretty good.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/04/robby-mook-hillary-clinton-campaign-manager-profile

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't agree with this and I don't see it as a conspiracy theory. Bernie is not a Democrat, and he has not built up the camaraderie and connections in the DNC that Hillary has. Many people in the DNC owe Hillary their endorsements because she has contributed to their campaigns, and have endorsed them. I'm not a Bernie voter either, it's just the plain truth. The DNC have every reason to want Hillary to win the election over  Bernie and I'm not even upset about it. He wasn't a Democrat until last year, and if he loses will go back to being an Independent. The DNC is not worried about him.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Carson claims that he won't be participating in the next debate as he sees no way forward but has not yet suspended his campaign.  He is scheduled to make an announcement on Friday but why wait if you're going to suspend your campaign?

6 NJ newspapers have written editorial articles demanding that Chris Christie resign as Governor of New Jersey.  One newspaper that had endorsed him, took back their endorsement and admitted that they were wrong.

The cover of today's New York Daily News features a picture of Trump with the Caption "Make America Migrate".  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/complete-guide-fleeing-president-donald-trump-america-article-1.2549397

Ben Stein a lifelong Conservative, who has never voted for a Democrat says he is considering Hillary or Bernie because he believes Trump is sinking the Republican party.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/ive-never-voted-for-a-democrat-ben-stein-flips-support-to-hillary-and-bernie-because-of-trump/

What a trainwreck of a political party.