Toups

The Politics Thread

17,371 posts in this topic

The mayor of Charlottesville has confirmed someone has died from the hit and run: 

SMH.

I knew this would not end well.

As an African-American, I feel truly ashamed of what is happening to my country.

And of course, this is his angle - no condemnation of white supremacists, Nazis or the alt right:

1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

^ I'm not even a little surprised by that sad to say.

Neither am I.  Frankly, I'm afraid it's going to escalate until some idiot pulls out explosives.

1 minute ago, Vee said:

And of course, this is his angle - no condemnation of white supremacists, Nazis or the alt right:

Honestly, I didn't expect anything more from this man.  I figured he would find a way NOT to blame or condemn the ones who need to be and instead make it seem as if it's the counterprotesters' fault.

Edited by Khan

No. But as someone who is really glad his grandparents are dead today, it does not make my rage any less incandescent.

1 minute ago, Vee said:

No. But as someone who is really glad his grandparents are dead today, it does not make my rage any less incandescent.

It doesn't make my rage any less incandescent either, Vee.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Oh, God:

Someone has already died of their injuries as a result of this.  These white supremacists people are no better than ISIS or Al Qaeda. Using the same terrorist tactics.

I just saw a black man on CNN say we have to investigate and be fair to both sides. What!? No we don't. Let's stop bending over backwards to accommodate these violent racists.  I wish I could have caught the guys name, but I can't watch the live coverage. Too much violence for little eyes.

Edited by Juliajms

11 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Someone has already died of their injuries as a result of this.  These white supremacists people are no better than ISIS or Al Qaeda. Using the same terrorist tactics.

These Nazis are the same people who voted for Trump. 

Welp! But some were obsessed with some emails or some comment she made 25 years ago to go out and stop the Neo-Nazi brigade from putting their stooge in the White House. 

16 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I just saw a black man on CNN say we have to investigate and be fair to both sides. What!? No we don't.

I have learned there is no way to be fair and reasonable with racism.  It is a cancer and you have to treat it as such.

Ring any bells, Politics Thread?