• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"It's the Democrats' fault!"

Is the ACA perfect?  Hell no.  But don't blame the Dems, Mitchie-poo.  They're not the ones who drafted this "skinny" bill that made the gas chambers at Auschwitz look humane by comparison.

Straight from the Turtle's mouth: "Our friends on the other side decided early on they didn't want to engage with us in a serious way, a serious way to help those suffering under Obamacare."

Look who's talking!  Lord knows I wasn't always in Obama's corner, but it's no secret how the GOP decided on the very night he was elected to obstruct the hell out of anything he even THOUGHT of doing as President.  McConman and his cronies were set on sabotage from day damn one; and to quote the late, great Beverlee McKinsey: "if they're bent out of shape it's because, for once, somebody beat 'em at their own game."

Could you or someone post?  I MUST see the look on Ahab's face after the White Whale bested him once more.

Edited by Khan

• Members

When you read quotes from the lips of Trump's own party that some Senators were afraid passage of this latest bill would tank the markets or that words like "disastrous" are being uttered, you know it's a terrible bill!

Trump is inspiring one particular person, that person is Kim Jong-Un who has launched yet another missile.  Trump just brings out something in the Dear Leader that, judging from the sheer volume of missile strikes, none of Trump's predecessors have inspired such consistency.

• Members

"Quick of the Night."  Wasn't that the name of some talk show back in the '80's?

Please register in order to view this content

Thanks, Wendy, for the link to the video.  Of course, I loved seeing McConnell remaining absolutely still and silent after McCain cast his vote.  (Oh, the thoughts that must've been burning in that turtle's mind....). But I also loved seeing Schumer waving off the applause.  Not saying I, myself, wouldn't have cheered, but probably not inside the Senate chamber.  There's a better place for that kind of celebrating, y'know?

Given his public stance on the Central Park Five -- which he still refuses to apologize for (because, like, that would show weakness, okay?) -- I'm not a bit surprised.