Toups

The Politics Thread

16,356 posts in this topic

Well. instead of improving people's lives, with Trump's approval ratings at the lowest for any American president, Trump Inc. decides that slogans will make everything better.

Made In America week but wait-

White House unveils ‘Made in America’ week, though many Trump products are made overseas

But wait, there's more-

Trump's lawyer apparently tried to throw the Secret Service under the bus (because the FBI and the CIA weren't enough) with claims that the SS knew and approved of Don Jr.'s meeting with the Russians until the Secret Service clapped back.

5 hours ago, Juliajms said:

I'm with Ana Navarro.  The more time he spends on the golf course the safer I feel.

IA.  Most of the time, we complain about how our politicians spend more time posturing than working.  But this might be the first instance (that I can think of) where many are praying that a president does as little as possible.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:21 PM, Khan said:

The GOP's continued obsession with all things Clinton just tickles the hell outta me.  I mean, the Democrats, as far as I can tell, have long accepted the outcome of last year's election, but the other side never misses an opportunity to accuse the left of being unable to move past Hillary.

Perhaps they know it's only a matter of time before the Russian jig is up and Hillary is rightfully sworn in... 

Every time the GOP is sent back to the drawing board, another angel gets its wings.

Edited by Vee

I feel incredibly grateful that the Republicans can't manage to get it together. Plenty of damage has been done to our society just by electing Trump, but it could be much worse if the Republicans learn how to work together and compromise within their own party. Luckily they have a branch of zealots among them who won't give an inch.

Josh Marshall on the fundamental failures of last night's Trumpcare mess.

Also from TPM: This magical excerpt from a larger piece re: a new book on the election.

After Trump decided to demote his campaign chair Paul Manafort, who drew negative attention to the campaign as reporters scrutinized his previous work for Ukrainian politicians with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump blew up at Manafort over a New York Times report that portrayed the candidate as intractable and inarticulate.

“How can anybody allow an article that says your campaign is all fucked up?” Trump shouted at Manafort, according to Green.

Trump demanded to know whether aides thought they had to make television appearances to communicate with him.

“You think you’ve gotta go on TV to talk to me?” Trump shouted. “You treat me like a baby! Am I like a baby to you? I sit there like a little baby and watch TV and you talk to me? Am I a [!@#$%^&*] baby, Paul?”

Edited by Vee

So the next step will be pushing for a full repeal. That will have the support of the likes of Mike Lee and Rand Paul, so it would only be about which faux-moderates would have to be strongarmed. 

9 minutes ago, Vee said:

Also from TPM: This magical excerpt from a larger piece re: a new book on the election.

It's "Goodfellas" meets "The Candidate."

5 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

So the next step will be pushing for a full repeal.

That is never going to happen for so many reasons.