Toups

The Politics Thread

16,356 posts in this topic

This all reminds me of a GREAT story. In the late 1980's.5AM in the morning I was switching to the E train going to Manhattan at Queens Plaza. I happen to see an old acquaintance of mine standing at one of the subway doors. He calls me over when I notice a bunch of dark suited men in his car (weird at that time in the morning). I come in and see he is there with Jimmy and Roslyn Carter sitting in the corner seats decked out in work clothes!! They were all heading for the South Bronx to work for HFH in coordination with the guy's church(no press was present). I had a nice conversation with them but couldn't go because I had miss too many days of work (should have got Jimmy to write an absentee note...).

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Eight people?  Geez, that was two more than the number who attended Trump's inauguration.

The GOP's continued obsession with all things Clinton just tickles the hell outta me.  I mean, the Democrats, as far as I can tell, have long accepted the outcome of last year's election, but the other side never misses an opportunity to accuse the left of being unable to move past Hillary.

1 hour ago, Khan said:

The GOP's continued obsession with all things Clinton just tickles the hell outta me.  I mean, the Democrats, as far as I can tell, have long accepted the outcome of last year's election, but the other side never misses an opportunity to accuse the left of being unable to move past Hillary.

The weak deflection drives me nuts because so many people fall for it.  The Clintons are like live bait to the Fox crowd.  When they say "Hillary did XYZ"  I just want to say, but aren't your candidates supposed to be better? How do the actions of someone you claim is so awful justify anything a Republican does. I wish they would just give it a rest.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:34 PM, heffer said:

This all reminds me of a GREAT story. In the late 1980's.5AM in the morning I was switching to the E train going to Manhattan at Queens Plaza. I happen to see an old acquaintance of mine standing at one of the subway doors. He calls me over when I notice a bunch of dark suited men in his car (weird at that time in the morning). I come in and see he is there with Jimmy and Roslyn Carter sitting in the corner seats decked out in work clothes!! They were all heading for the South Bronx to work for HFH in coordination with the guy's church(no press was present). I had a nice conversation with them but couldn't go because I had miss too many days of work (should have got Jimmy to write an absentee note...).

I have always loved them both. when I read he went straght from the hosp. back out to help finish building homes I just smiled. I don;t care what anyone says...he was a good POTUS and such a great man. 

Thank goodness Carter is already out of the hospital and I read that he is doing well.

As for the Orange Menace, I saw a clip where Trevor Noah quipped that the next time Trump is in bed and can't 'get it up' (ewww, by the way:wacko:), he'll likely blame Hillary.:rolleyes:

I read that McCain is post-surgery so the GOP is delaying calling for a vote on their latest dreadful healthcare replacement bill.

6 minutes ago, I Am A Swede said:

I can't say that it surprises me. Has he done anything worthwhile during these six months? 

Nothing I can think of.  The less he does the better. I'm with Ana Navarro. The more time he spends on the golf course the safer I feel.