Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People have been trying to write obits for the ACA/Obamacare for years now and last year the shrillest voices got the most coverage but when you actually read the stats, the research doesn't bear out all the negative hypotheses.

The biggest obstacles have to do with the greed of insurance companies as well as their investors that have no interest in any form of healtcare that moves the populace that much closer to wanting a univeral/single payer type of care.

As much as many economists have been sounding like a broken record in emphasizing that Obamacare is not collapsing, people were still falling for the political hype that the sky is falling.

We all know that the GOP and their backers want to take the law apart but the amazing irony is that their sheer incompetence is helping to boost the law's prominence and necessity.

If only many of these GOP bumblers/intransigents can be forced out of office, we may even get some public servants interested in strengthening and improving the ACA so that its benefits are boosted and perhaps even fix the loopholes and flaws.

If the GOP continues on their path, this outcome could be a real possibility.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The Democrats won TWO seats in my state's legislature?  Then, I guess the bribes worked!  I mean, yay us!

Please register in order to view this content

As sad as it is to witness all that's transpiring within the House of Trump, I remain frustrated over the fact that the individuals who COULD resolve this by removing that man from office refuse to do so, because they place party and self-interest above the integrity of the U.S. constitution and the safety and security of the American people.  I mean, what could be worse than TrumpCo. AND Russia KNOWING they've essentially gotten away with committing treason?  Or that the rest of the world is either dumbfounded by all this, or shaking its head in total, comic disbelief?  Is dismantling Obama's legacy really worth that much to the GOP?

No.  I'm not calling these morons "morons" anymore.  You know why?  Because, as moronic as they've been all along, they're still getting away with it.  TrumpCo. made us Russia's bitch, all while consistently denying they had anything at all to do with 'em.  And not only are their believers believing them (even in the face of direct and overwhelming evidence), but also, Congress is choosing to look the proverbial other way, because their leader has convinced him, somehow, that they need him more than he needs them.  No, they're not "morons."  They're just really audacious "winners."

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know there are some who don't think AARP is that big a deal but they gave a hug membership and lobby. Every person in my moms retirement community is an AARP member and actually does read their monthly magazines. Don't believe for a second they aren't going to be using their infrastructure in 2018 and after.

• Members

To think there was a time when we ALL were sick of Donald Trump.  (Not that people aren't sick of him now, but...you know what I mean.)  I, for one, breathed a sigh of relief when the Donald/Ivana/Marla triangle fell off the front pages.  It meant none of those disgusting people were relevant anymore.  Then, "The Apprentice" happened, and it seemed like hell had broken loose again.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think it's starting to break through to the public at large.  I have a friend from high school. She never really left our hellish little area (Fulton County, NY) except to go to college.  She's incredibly intelligent, but avoided news and politics our whole lives (because there's nothing we can do about it, but she does vote dem). Just this week she actually talked deeply about politics for the first time. She knew Trump was a narcissist, couldn't believe so many people were stupid enough to vote him in and knew about Russia.  This makes me think that the truth is permeating our society.  Slower than we might like, but I believe it's finally happening.

• Members

I'm glad to hear that. I always assume the worst (well that and I read some article about Richard Burr [retiring senator from NC] and his investigations and how apathetic the people in NC are about the whole thing). I'm glad if it's breaking through.

It's funny because Dixie Carter was a loyal Republican. I can't imagine what she would have thought about Trump. Probably nothing all that good.

• Members

I have to roll at my eyes over the media fervor over Joe Scarborough quitting the GOP. He's an attention whore, just like his pal Trump. He will rejoin any day that it suits him, any day he'll get more copy. This buffoon gets the pity parties because as always the media only cares about itself and sees itself as the only story around. Even with all this I still wouldn't be surprised if he and Trump are still friends. They're more alike than "Morning Joe" will ever say.