Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They've probably been waiting for the day they can move away from the US (I think she also mentioned the UK) and feel free to do what they want, knowing we will have less and less say in the world. And clearly that's what a lot of Americans want them to do, so I guess we brought it on ourselves.

• Members

The shame is, we'll never regain our former position of influence and respect. Wait until they decide to shift from the dollar as the universal currency. Many countries have long objected to the advantageousness of the arrangement for the U.S. But it's hard to change the status quo.

• Members

I'm not adverse to a better balance and allowing the Europeans to have more say. But you can back off a bit and allow them to exert more influence while still being an active NATO member and one of the leaders. But that isn't the strategy our power mongers are deploying here IMO, if there is one in fact.

• Members

It's blatantly obvious that the entire Repub apparatus has been compromised. That's part of the reason I'm okay with this investigation taking a long time. This thing obviously goes far and deep. Once this is over, principled conservatives are going to have to work to rebuild their party. The problem is that even the principled ones had no problem trafficking in lies and bullsh!t before Trump. Once he's gone, I'm afraid they'll easily slide back into that role.

• Members

Not the least bit surprised. It's obvious that they are tied to Russia too seeing how adamant many of them defend Trump. IMO, I think that majority of the GOP politicians and their pundits are tied to Russia. I am beginning to believe that this is one big web of treasonists, who sold their souls to ensure they'd win all 3 branches back. Pence, McConnell, Graham, Ryan, Santorum, Kingston, etc. -- I think they are all tied to Russia in some way or another. 

• Members

This is an interesting thread. There are about 8 tweets in it.  Basically that Germany can't hold the line against Russia without the US and all of this might result in a Euro nukes program.  Seems like Trump's legacy could be the spread of nukes from Europe to Japan.  Pax Americana was nice while it lasted.

• Members

As soon as I read about Mitch McConnell threatening Obama with a smear campaign in order to keep him from releasing some intel regarding Russian interference, I knew that turtle was in someone's back pocket.  So, no, it doesn't surprise me, lol.

• Members

I have to shake my head when I see tweets like "All our hope is in Germany's hands." Germany isn't going to be there for us. And not for the Western world either. They are going to look out for themselves (as the US has done) and we aren't going to be able to go along for the ride. We have to sort out our own problems, and after Merkel was burned so bad over the refugees, so will most of those who are struggling outside her borders.

It's odd to me how someone is always looking for a hero or a new idol in politics when it always has the same disillusioned, unhappy ending.