Toups

The Politics Thread

15,189 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

More Trump regrets but there is a very interesting nugget about Trump's budget that is not being discussed but it is mentioned in this article.  Apparently Trump's disaster of a budget seeks to cut job training by 40%!

This seems the antithesis of trying to create a jobs-rich environment but logic seems to be at the bottom of the list with this administration.

‘It’s my only income’: Trump voter shocked after learning he plans to cut key program she needs

I continue to feel little to no pity for these folks. Probably not nice of me, but hey... Maybe listen when an ass tells you...he plans to continue to be an ass if elected?

As Maya Angelou said, when someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them.

Now, though? To his voters, you broke it, you buy it. Have fun!

All that "winning" is getting too much for him to brag about, I guess.:ph34r:

In other news, it looks as if Congress didn't include constraints on the acceptance of refugees in the spending bill that they passed last month. They were probably assuming that since the flow of migrants has lessened under Trump that this the flow of refugees would follow but most refugee experts expect a large flow of refugees into the U.S. in the wake of the lifting of this cap on refugee quotas.

Tee-hee.

U.S. Quietly Lifts Limit on Number of Refugees Allowed In

I was also reading that many Republicans feel like Mitch McConnell, that healthcare may be too difficult to tackle since they have been unable to "replace" the ACA with a better bill. There are divides developing between GOP members that are almost as wide as the ones that exist between the two parties.

And remember this name--- Oleg Deripaska!  A Russian oligarch whom Putin and Trump have in common has just requested immunity to cooperate with Congress. We'll see what, if anything comes of this.

22 hours ago, Wendy said:

I continue to feel little to no pity for these folks. Probably not nice of me, but hey... Maybe listen when an ass tells you...he plans to continue to be an ass if elected?

As Maya Angelou said, when someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them.

Wendy......the post of the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Wendy......the post of the weekend. 

23 hours ago, Wendy said:

Actually, this is a little more like my child broke it, and even though I didn't break it, I'm still gonna have to pay for it.

Yeah, I don't feel all that sorry for those who voted for Trump and now regret it.  I'm just sorry the REST of us have to suffer as well.

17 hours ago, Vee said:

Might as well get used to these "resets."  I have a feeling TrumpCo.'s gonna have 'em on a regular basis.

7 minutes ago, Khan said:

Yeah, I don't feel all that sorry for those who voted for Trump and now regret it.  I'm just sorry the REST of us have to suffer as well.

As one NBC analyst said that night....People are going to regret voting for Trump.