The Politics Thread

• Members

You live in Montana, @JaneAusten? If so, right about now, I wanna nuke that state from the union just based off tonight.

Please register in order to view this content

Well I hope that the GOP knows too that everyone isn't Ben Jacobs either. Many of us will fight back and whoop their asses if need be. They better tread lightly. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that depends on how you define powerful. I'd agree she's more powerful on a personal level.  The thing I find absolutely terrifying about Trump is the sheer amount of military power he has at his disposal.  It's like having a two year old in a room with a button that could destroy the world.  Trump has the might of the world's largest military at his fingertips, but he clearly doesn't have the intellect that should go with that kind of power.  I used to think that we could at least count on Congress to intervene if he tried to do something really crazy, but that was just fantasy.  If we get rid of this bastard without some sort of large scale military atrocity occurring it will be a miracle.

• Members

It's called fighting back.

I guess you missed all the Leftist attacks of Trump supporters prior to the election. Or the Antifa attacks on the Rightist free speech supporters. How many Clinton and Sanders supporters were attacked? 

The left started this, the right will finish it. Just a heads up.

• Members

Well as you can see by the dick swinging above it's their default setting. The right wing is all about authoritarianism and crushing dissent.They prefer to rule, not govern which is part of the reason Donnie's been such a dismal failure. Of course, what Donnie also shows us is how many of these keyboard warriors talk tough then fold like a lawn chair in a tornado when faced with real opposition.Then they run around the corner and start trash talking all over again.

• Members

Maybe you need to expand your news sources beyond Breitbart and Daily Caller.

And I don't see anyone on the left justifying attacks in fact here in Chicago a man who was allegedly a Trump supporter was  beaten on the south side by black youths months ago and the entire community here called them out on their actions. They were also arrested. That professor was arrested by the way, while a new congressional rep said "I'm sorry" after assaulting a reporter(an incident witnessed by a Fox News crew) and gets off because he's a mediocre white male billionaire. And the only GOPer calling it out was Mark Sanford believe it or not.

I guess you have also missed the number of hate crimes that have increased mostly by white males by the way, ,including the murder of a man of Indian descent in Kansas who worked in the area, went to a bar for drinks, and was shot and killed because the white guy with a gun thought he was a muslim.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

You guys who responded are lovely, patient souls. I guess in an ideal world, I'd be more open to trying to call out and rectify ignorance when I see it but it was simply easier to hit the ignore option. Tee-hee!

Speaking of giggles, I was reading this blog post by Awesomely Luvvie and have to applaud her for the new nicknames she's managed to come up, as I had believed I'd heard them all. The NATO G7 Summit Group Texts We Won’t Get To See 

"Fanta Fascist" and "Mango Mussolini".  I know we're in serious times but I have to have a sense of humor, if I'm going to get through this wasteland of an administration.