Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Now this is the 2nd country in the past few days that is forced to change its intelligence-sharing policies with the U.S. because the U.S. no longer has any sense of discretion!

Soon the U.S. really will have to resort to a 'go it alone' doctrine.  God help us all.

• Members

Greg Gianforte, like so many others in the GOP, has investment ties to Russian state-owned companies, that also happened to fall under U.S. sanctions. 

GOP candidate Greg Gianforte has financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies

At least the Billings Gazette rescinded their endorsement and admitted that they made a mistake.

Gazette opinion: We're pulling our endorsement of Greg Gianforte

The art of the handshake...and Trump's inability to master it. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Trump looks really unprofessional next to all of these leaders.

It's not likely that it will help him considering that he was already struggling in the final stretch. A last minute assault before the polls open is a devastating blow to a candidate that wasn't on solid ground.

The county sheriff in the county the assault occurred in donated to his campaign, which explains why he wasn't arrested.

• Members

Just a few posts above, I posted a link to a CNBC article about it.

Also, ICYMI (anyone), Trump has vexed the Pentagon by mentioning the two submarines that the U.S. has at its disposal while on the phone with Filipino president Duterte, while discussing North Korea. Someone from the Pentagon complained that Trump's loose lips will likely ruin the element of surprise in tactics.

• Members

Oh. I thought he was expected widely to win, but it just might be a bit close. 

I saw a quote from some voter who basically said that it wasn't the best idea but the guy probably did something to cause it. That's how I expect the average voter will end up feeling. 

This week you have been able to feel how much our standing in Europe has further shrunk (or had already shrunk and we just didn't fully face it) with this, the tourism article, an article that Politico put out about the EU comeback, etc. I guess the people who were desperate for us to be broken off from the rest of the world will be happy. Let's just see how happy they are when it starts to hit them where it hurts. And let's see if any of this can be fixed once Trump is out of office. Most of these countries don't like us, haven't ever liked us, but felt they needed us. Once they feel they don't, where will we be?

• Members

So apparently many of the votes in Montana have already been cast by absentee ballot. According to CNN, the Sec of State's office has been swamped with calls from people all over the state wanting to know if they can change their vote.

Edited by JaneAusten