Sedrick

ANOTHER LIFE

87 posts in this topic

The last soap opera that Roy Winsor had created was NOT in 1954.

He created Hotel Cosmopolitan, and it premiered in 1957.

He also created a soap opera spin-off of The Secret Storm which was to be about the Stevens family. The Expanding Circle (or something like that) was to be the title. Instead, though, CBS bought Where the Heart Is, co-created by two writers (Lou Schofield and Margaret DePriest) of The Edge of Night.

He did not create Somerset, but he was the headwriter of that show after Henry Slesar left.

I am interested in Bob Aarons. He co-created Another Life with Roy Winsor.

Does anyone have information on this writer?

I ran across this christian soap on youtube and it's really good. It looks like it could have been an ABC or NBC produced soap. When it first aired (1981-84) I missed it since I was without cable till 1985.

Phanta773 looks like they have uploaded the entire or almost entire series in excellent quality.

I was watching a 1990 interview with Christopher Templeton (Carole Robbins, Y&R), and she said that Another Life had promised her a role for years, that the show was created around her and the character was written for her, but they just kept her waiting for a lot of years. She eventually just gave up and moved from Phoenix to California to start her acting career in Hollywood.

Unfortunately she started talking about something else and never finished talking about the show in detail. I wonder if they ever did anything with this character or if it never happened. Perhaps she was a casualty of the show shifting away from its original format.

Edited by DRW50

Been watching the early episodes (when Roy Winsor was still story consultant)..and I like that its a traditional soap...with some christian overtures...which I hear became more then overtures as the show continued.

Whats interesting is an article from 1984 announcing the show being cancelled..with the reason being low ratings and a lack of advertising revenue.  Also, the reason for this was due to a huge drop in stations carrying the show...hence the drop in ratings and revenue.  Guess even cable soaps/shows had affialiate issues as well.  It also shows that the 80s killed more soaps not due to people being disinterested...but cause of a lack of access to the shows.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/23/arts/christian-broadcast-network-cancels-its-cable-soap-opera.html

Thanks. I remember she tried to get another person to post here (an actor) but I don't know if they were able to get approved. Sadly she only posted a few times as there wasn't much interest.