November 3-7, 2008

Toups

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doesn't look good for AMC. I'm disappointed. :(

Sometimes I wonder what moving AMC up to 12:30 would do... head to head with Y/R but also it would have a strong lead in (local news). Don't know what usually runs before it in most markets.. in mine there is a half hour of "Millionare" before AMC.

OLTL is beating it? That boggles the mind.

• Members

Yeah I know, CBS should've given it the same promotion they gave the "Sudden Impact" event. This is the best Y&R's been in a few years, but as you mentioned, ratings and quality don't go hand and hand.

The soap audience just isn't there in daytime anymore. People are DVR-ing, taping, watching SoapNet, watching it online, or not watching anymore at all.

• Members

I was hoping AMC would get a bump as well, but at least it's holding steady. I'm curious to see what the daily numbers are.

As far as Y/R, the Marge/Kaye story is good, but much of the rest is pretty pitiful. It unravelled during the strike and is not really better now, imo. I began to despise Victor and all his abusive ways, and the fact they treat him as a victim who needs wuv just makes me want to puke (and tune out). Maybe others feel the same way. JMO.

• Members

Didn't you start watching during the LML era, and for the character of David Chow (who was never well received)?

Victor has always been that way, except for the year LML made him trippy and best friends with Jack. I don't see how the character could turn people off by being how he's been for years.

Y&R unraveled to many during LML's tenure. At least now, IMO, the characters are acting like themselves again, we're not getting stupid reliquary stories, women falling off CGI cliffs, horrible PSA's for storylines, and rushed couplings. The fact that ratings are low, is probably more do to the ratings for daytime overall and the fact that Y&R is now the most widely available soap opera in the US.

• Members

Anyone who doesn't see how Y&R has improved over LML HELL is out of their minds in my opinion.

The ratings for Y&R probably do have a bit to do with how widely available the show is. Viewers KNOW they can miss it on CBS because they can see it in a slew of other avenues. I do hope that the numbers will rebound a bit, they deserve too!

Archived