THE COLBYS

• Members

Maybe that would have been a better option. IMO she was was wasted on Dynasty.

Anyway, I'm currently watching 2x10, and it's true that The Colbys are slightly more entertaining this season than Dynasty 7.

I find Frankie And Bliss to be just as boring (if not more) than in Season 1. You can find mistakes in several other characters, but it's entertaining, I suppose. I'll see how the rest of the season turns out.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I rently bought the series on DVD (after the price dropped) and have been enjoying reliving all the 80's camp. Kim Morgan Green is hilarious as campy Channing. I just finished the episode where she lies about having children from a botched abortion and is taking birth control pills. Her 80's perm was dry and brittle and I kept waiting for chunks of hair to come out every time Miles touched her. Shanna Reed (what ever happened to her ?) has made her appearance as Adrienne Cassidy. Sable has found out Fallon's baby might be Miles after he raped her. It seems every male character in Dynasty and The Colbys has committed rape like it's no big deal. 

• Members

Yes, yes and yes!!! I also hate how it's a complete non-issue most of the times. I do recall Blake telling off Adam for raping Kirby and later, in the otherwise horrendously written (but quite fun in a campy way) season six, acknowleding that he raped Krystle.... to Rita.

• Members

Kathleen Beller actually joked about that with the reunion saying something like "why would Kirby want to be with her rapist?" - even the actors knew how ridiculous that whole thing was. Even Heather Locklear, possibly the nicest actress alive, wondered if Sammy Jo was on acid...

• Members

LOL....Exactly. I remember a lot of the actors referred to it as "static acting" where everyone was instructed to camp it up. DRW50 Thank you for uploading those clips. 

There was so many miscastings with The Colbys (and Dynasty).

Tracy Scoggins should have been Fallon and Emma should have been Monica.

Katherine Ross was wrong for the role of Frankie. I remember reading that Kate O'Mara (Caress) was supposed to of been Frankie. The lack of an english accent on Frankie was bizarre.

Charlton Heston looks constipated and confused playing Jason. Another actor would have been better cast.

Maxwell Caufield was horrible as Miles. I would have cast Jon Erik Hexum if he had not of died.

The character of Bliss was a dud like Amanda on Dynasty. If they wanted to do soemething with her, they should have casted someone Sela Ward if they insisted on Tracy being Monica.

Michael Parks was an odd choice as Philip. Philip was also an off the wall character.