• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I actually think the writing for Fallon was the biggest mistake - watch season 9 of Dynasty where they finally start writing Fallon like Fallon and Emma shines. I'm not sure if it's Katherine's acting itself that was worse or if it was a question of (yet again) writing and directing. I think they tried far too hard to make her the Krystle of the show and you just ended up symphatising with Sable instead.

And Maxwell Caulfield was very talented in certain ways.

MaxwellCaulfieldMaxwellCaufield.jpg

Either Juliet Mills is a very lucky woman or the biggest fag hag ever.

Edited by te.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just saw this! So exciting!

And the cover is great:

TheColbys_Complete.jpg

I think it's a great idea that they just did both seasons together. God bless Shout! Factory.

But they have it for $83... and the list price is $119! I mean, come on. You can't get so greedy with some short-lived soap opera from the 80s... if this were around 40, it would be a STEAL and I'd buy it the DAY OF the release. But to literally price it as two separate seasons? No.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

It comes out to 41.50 a season. Thats how much Amazon had Dynasty running for in their price for their season. I actually think it was more…50 plus for just one season. I am getting this! I can't wait!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24E61eZoTwg

• Members

Have you seen the masters for Dynasty on DVD? They were done very well. As for the price…its 83 dollars but right now Shout Factory has a pre-Valentine sell and the Colbys comes out to 70 dollars with free shipping. Thats 35 dollars a season.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The quality does look great. It seems it is following the quality of the DYNASTY releases.

BUT, like I said earlier, this is a one-off release from a show few will have interest in. It's not DYNASTY. You can't price it so literally (i.e. so much for one season? Just double it! lol). Besides, the actual price is 119. Only through some hocus pocus does it go down to 70, which is still a lot to shell out at one time. Once the promotions are gone, it's too expensive. $60 bucks for one season of THE COLBYS? In what f-cking universe? laugh.png

And if they were smart, they would price it competitively at $50 TOPS and I would be waiting outside the store before it even opens to get it the day of its release. Those who see this at a store and get nostalgic might pay $50. If it's 80/90? No way.