EastEnders back on Basic Cable in Canada

EricMontreal22

• Members

I *think* it just started this week, but for all I knwo it could have been running since Septemeber--I knwo EastEnders ahs long been on BBCCanada, which I don't get, but they've started airing it, at 6pm Tues-Fridays, on Showcase! From the copyright it seems we've started in 2006 episodes--I have no real idea if that's a good year or bad for the show but i'm excited to watch it (I haven't watched EE regularly since the local PBS aired it when I was a teen for a few years). Maybe someone finally realized that with Coronation such a huge Canadain hit it was worth trying EE...

Anyway just a head's up :)

E

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My advice...

Skip the 2006 episodes and wait for the ones that start airing in 2007. 2006 was a very uneven year for EastEnders, 2007 was when the show realty turned around and when Diederick Santer's episodes as EP started airing.

Though, if you want to familiarize yourself with the characters, then I suggest watching from 2006.

• Members

Well I don't know how long Showcase will stick with it--so I think I'm gonna start watching now, at least casually, to get into the characters etc. It's on literlaly as soon as I get home from work so it's something to turn on while putting things away, planning my evening, etc, anyway--really 6pm is a perfect time for me to watch something "live"--but good to knwo that it will improve. I knwo Santer's name from some o fhis tv shows--like the recent adaptation of Jane Eyre--so that's good to see!

I (very) casually follow Corrie--have for eyears but I knwo the kinds of stories EE tells are much more my style

Really? I can't get into that habit--watching some old soaps on youtube aside--i dunno why! EVen when I only half watch a show while doing something else, I prefer it to be on TV. So when I download torrents of shows I still brun them to a BCD and watch them that way

• Members

2006 was the whole who killed Miss Brahms (i cant remember her EE name) and the Stacy/Bradley/His Dad stories, right?

I tried watching episodes back then, but i just couldnt get into it. EE is just so drab and depressing. It feels like the soap that has a perpetual rainy cloud over its head.

Archived