Any Capitol Fans Here?

• Members

That's Karen Kelly, the final Brenda. I have some later episodes of her when she's in the triangle with Wally and Dylan (the guy who maintains Myrna's fleet of automobiles).

I realize the irony of this comment, but I think Cat looks pretty without makeup.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What did you think of Karen Kelly?

I thought Deborah Mulowney was a little rough here too but she had some charisma.

After seeing more of her Capitol work I wish Hickland had played a heroine a little more often on soaps (of course Lindsey thought she was a heroine, even though she wasn't). She is very effective in these damsel in distress situations.

• Members

What was her character like on Texas? Yeah, she does well on Capitol. She's stronger and brighter than Julie #1.

There was something so honest and green about Leslie Graves and Karen seems a lot more "on" and actory in comparison. I guess she's okay but she can be a little grating which I don't think Brenda was ever supposed to be. She's supposed to be the poor litle !@#$%^&*] up who you sympathize with because her parents are tyrants and she doesn't have the best role models, kinda thing. I'd never seen Sam be so forceful with any of his children as he is in this clip. I have an old SOD article where a fan wrote in criticizing Capitol for defanging all of the Cleggs minus Myrna.

• Members

I remember that Hickland was pretty green on Texas but the show had awful writing in the early days. It didn't help that her character Courtney was supposed to be a surgeon (she looked more like a young nurse) and was involved with Lee Patterson's character,who was old enough to be her father.

• Members

I didnt even recognize that girl as KK who I liked on Rituals but hated as Brenda LOL.

The Brenda character suffered greatly imo after Graves left, she lost all her spark and uniqueness that made her rootable but also annoying in a good way, she just became an annoying ingenue.

Damn Dane Witherspoon is FIONE!!!

Amd yeah I have def seen this Sam before especially when it comes to the McCandlesses

• Members

I guess I never got why Sam had such an ax to grind with the McCandlesses. If I saw more of the first year I'd probably understand. I get why Myrna is all butthurt because Clarissa "stole" Baxter from her (which if I was Sam I'd be like, "Get over it woman, you're with me now"). I'm wondering if Judson and his politics foiled some moves Clegg Industries tried to make or something. It just seems that Sam's vitriol is way too strong to just be about his son vs. their son running for office.

• Members

Yes, but again, that was Myrna's doing, before she even married Sam. When Baxter chose Clarissa over her, Myrna got revenge on her former bff by accusing Clarissa's father, Judge Judson, of being a commie sympathizer. This got him blacklisted, ruining his political career.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I wanted to tell people that SFK has four or five Capitol videos on his Youtube channel (SoapFoxKirby). Please watch!

Here's a few promos also uploaded on another channel, and part of a January 1986 episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpilYEvzq6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYit9VsdT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06iAFaPX2Es

• 3 weeks later...