Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Heard some of the songs on Youtube. The only one that I heard that I instantly liked was Circus. I'm glad it's the next single. Several of the songs sounded similar, and there's so much electronic stuff done to her voice and the music that it's hard to tell it's even her.

• Members

I like her older stuff. I think it's fine that she moved away from the real poppy stuff from her first album. But I think there was some really good stuff on her 2nd and 3rd ones. If she could find some way to mix it up and have a few old-er-school sounding songs (Toxic, even Stronger) and the newer sounds (Womanizer, Circus), I think it'd be a winner.

Edited by bandbfan

• Members

Who saw the docu-film that followed Britney's life for 60 days on MTV? It made me look at her in a whole different light, even if it was intentional. She's such a lonely and depressed person, and she tries really hard to be positive, but she obviously has her breaking points. I just wanted to hug after that special. She was very candid and honest, I must say.

• Administrator

It was really great seeing Britney laugh and smile and be quirky. I couldn't stop laughing at her cuteness: when she was shopping, "This is so Katie Holmes," "Why can't I be Sarah Jessica Parker for one day?" "I'm a laywer.....Hi, my name is Matilda." :lol::wub:

Seeing the paparazzi from her point of view was scary. I can't imagine doing that everytime I went out. That one paparazzi who was screaming was frightening.

I so agree with her choreographer that the fire in her eyes is back.

She looks fit, she looks hot, and her work ethic is back. I'm glad she's back with Larry Rudolph who seems to know how to manage Britney.

Her quote at the end was hilarious: "I'm go through life like a karate kid." She's cute and goofy. :lol:

• Members

its awful.

im not even famous and i cant take them just hanging out in L.A.

One time on the street, i drive fast and was going about 60. and all of the sudden like 4 cars come rushing up behind me and cut off other cars, go into oncoming traffic, chasing after some black car with some star in it.

and another time we were just walking down the street going from one bar to another and a few paps came running and pushed my female friend to the floor trying to get a picture of a star.

and leaving any club is a circus now.

• Members

At times, her Southern drawl comes through.

I guess it wasn't that much of an opinion-shaper for me, since I've always seen her as the strong, flawed, brave, insightful, goofball that she is.

I think what drew me most to her in this was because you can tell that through it all, she's growing. And she's right, she's just like any normal person deep at heart.

It's also kinda funny because as a fellow Louisianan, I can see the normalcy in her Southernness that so many find to be a sign of stupidity.

• Members

not a Britney fan but I saw it and loved it. Im glad that she was not looking crazy and I kind of felt bad for her. Im so glad and proud of her for cleaning her act and getting back on track. Her life the past 2-3 years has been an embarassing and cringeworthy trainwreck and Ive been disgusted with how the media has latched on to her

• Members

I'm not really sure that I agree that the fire is back in her eyes, at least from when she talked to the interviewer. It may be, but I don't think we saw it. Although I guess we didn't have these interviews when she was having all of these big problems to compare this to. But she seemed so blah and tired throughout the film. That obviously could've been attributed to that specific day of filming....long day, after dance practice, etc. But we didn't really see an upbeat side of her that that dancer seemed to like. I know the tone was supposed to be serious and realistic, but I wish that "fire" had come through more on the side we saw.

Edited by bandbfan