Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

German soaps: GZSZ, UU & AWZ

412 replies to this topic

#101 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Tom Chroust was also once a member of GZSZ's writing staff (around 2001/2002) but back then the show did not have a gay couple. He also wrote for VL in 2001 during the fabulous Clarissa/Tanja feud which resulted in their plane crashing (their final scene was Clarissa pointing her gun at Tanja, saying "Game over, Tanja!").

"AWZ" unveiled its new opening today. Both versions can be watched here: http://www.rtl.de/cm...rspann-awz.html

Version 1: Tatjana Clasing as Simone Steinkamp & Francisco Medina as Maximilian von Altenburg – Juliette Menke as Lena Bergmann, Ulrike Röseberg as Annette Bergmann & Anna-Katharina Samsel as Katja Bergmann – André Dietz as Ingo Zadek / Igor Dolgatschew as Deniz Öztürk – Julia Augustin as Vanessa Steinkamp / Silvan-Pierre Leirich as Richard Steinkamp & Jörg Rohde as Ben Steinkamp – Julia Engelmann as Franziska Steinkamp / Michael N. Kuehl as Florian Wild – Heike Trinker as Claudia Bergmann & Katja Bergmann / Ania Niedieck as Isabelle Reichenbach – Alles was zählt

Version 2: Silvan-Pierre Leirich as Richard Steinkamp & Tatjana Clasing as Simone Steinkamp – Ulrike Röseberg as Annette Bergmann – André Dietz as Ingo Zadek / Christoph Humnig as Tom Reichenbach – Daniel Aichinger as Axel Schwarz, Francisco Medina as Maximilian von Altenburg & Juliette Menke as Lena Bergmann – Dennis Grabosch as Roman Wild / Igor Dolgatschew as Deniz Öztürk & Sam Eisenstein as Marian Öztürk – Ania Niedieck as Isabelle Reichenbach & Anna-Katharina Samsel as Katja Bergmann / Heike Trinker as Claudia Bergmann – Alles was zählt

#102 Edward Skylover

Edward Skylover

Recurring

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

I can't believe Marienhof has been canceled. It is definitely my favourite of the German soaps, and I think it's such a shame that all that history has gone to waste when they could have easily turned the show around.

Shame the the hottest soap hunk Marlon will be gone now too! I've changed my avatar in memory of him. I hope he goes to another soap now! :lol:

#103 CassieFan

CassieFan

Globo Fan

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

"Alles was zählt" will air in Croatia on RTL 1 starting February 7'th. 2 episodes will be aired daily.

#104 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

That's cool - although the beginning was very slow with all that Diana/Julian stuff. Once the show became a true soap opera (after six months or so), it became my favourite show. The Croatian title is "Sve što je bitno", isn't it?

Speaking of "AWZ", it seems that Jenny isn't dead after all. Tomorrow, actress Sophie Lutz assumes the role that has previously been played by Christiane Klimt (2006-2008) and Silvia Maleen (2008-2010). At first, Lutz will only appear as Jenny in a video clip, reading out her will. Since there's already a promotional picture with Lutz dressed up as Jenny, one can assume that the character will return full-time later this year.

#105 CassieFan

CassieFan

Globo Fan

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

"Alles was zählt" was cancelled in Croatia due to bad ratings after 35 episodes :/ "Judging Amy" replaced the show.

#106 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,348 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

Judging Amy? How random.

How many times do AWZ and VL share stories? I just wonder because
Spoiler

#107 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

I guess all soaps cover similar storylines every once in a while ^_^

Apparently VL will soon split their storylines once the show gets extended to 40 minutes. One part of the show will still be filmed and take place in Cologne, while the other half will be filmed and take place on the Spanish island of Mallorca (in the Mediterranean Sea). Several new cast members have been cast, and two newcomers have already have been replaced by new actors.

#108 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,348 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

Are you surprised about the 40 minute expansion? I thought the ratings had lowered.

#109 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

Yes, I was surprised. But I also never imagined that "Marienhof" would get cancelled so soon. So the expansion of VL was basically the only choice the ARD could make because they don't have anything else to replace "Marienhof".

All of the soaps are struggling these days, ratings are going downhill, and "Unter uns" has even closed down production for several weeks twice a year since 2009 to cut costs – one long break during the summer months, and one long break during the winter months. In return, they tightened their schedule and now film a lot of episodes in advance so that the show can still run during the whole year. For example, episodes that were shot in December 2010 before the winter break will air in April 2011.

Edited by Huntress, 06 March 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#110 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,348 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

That's sad to hear. I hate to see German soaps going the way of American soaps. What do you think is happening?

#111 Sylph

Sylph

Head of Drama

• Members
  • 14,358 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

So, Carl, you are fluent in German? :)

#112 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,348 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

No, just subtitles.

#113 Edward Skylover

Edward Skylover

Recurring

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

I am fluent in German!

#114 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

Judging Amy? How random.

How many times do AWZ and VL share stories? I just wonder because

Spoiler

And both sound awful.
Spoiler

#115 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

I updated the cast pictures on the first page and included "notable previous performers" for all three soaps.

#116 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,348 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

Thanks again for your hard work.

#117 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Nina Bott, best known for her work as Cora Hinze-Moreno on GZSZ from 1997-2005 and Celine Laffort on AWZ from 2008-2010, has joined VL in a yet unnamed contract role. Apparently, she will play a huge part in the upcoming Mallorca storyline. Her male counterpart will be portrayed by Hubertus Grimm who previously starred in the telenovela "Wege zum Glück".

Both "Anna und die Liebe" and "Hand aufs Herz" are also suffering from low ratings these days so cancelation may come sooner than expected. The latest ZDF telenovela "Lena – Liebe meines Lebens" has already stopped production.

Btw, I edited the first page of this topic again LOL. I included a list of all contract actors for GZSZ, UU and AWZ from the very beginning.

#118 CassieFan

CassieFan

Globo Fan

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm not surprised about Anna's low ratings.. It was a shitty idea to kill off Jonas.

BTW, the show still airs in Croatia and the ratings are quite good.

#119 Huntress

Huntress

Contract

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

The "Jonas is now a ghost and finds a new lover for Anna" storyline was scrapped because the audience felt that it was plain stupid. Surrealism has never worked on our soap operas.

On VL, Nina Bott and Hubertus Grimm will play Julia von Anstetten and Jan Brandner – recasts of the very first "forbidden love". The twins who fell in love with each other were played by Valerie Niehaus and Andreas Brucker during the first two years of the daily soap. In 1997, Julia disappeared during a vacation with Jan and allegedly drowned in the Mediterranean Sea. A few months later Jan received a letter from Julia, asking him to live with her in Spain. However, Jan left town with his new girlfriend in October 1997.

Returning to the canvas is Isa Jank as Clarissa von Anstetten, Jan and Julia's birth mother. Clarissa was last seen in 2001 when she boarded a plane to go on vacation. Her nemesis Tanja von Anstetten disguised as a stewardess and held Clarissa at gunpoint. Then the plane crashed. While Tanja returned in 2004 and has remained a key player ever since, Clarissa's fate had never been resolved – until now. From 2005 to 2008, Jank starred as Annabelle van Weyden Gravenberg in the telenovela "Wege zum Glück" where she acted opposite Hubertus Grimm.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Valerie Niehaus, Andreas Brucker and Isa Jank

Edited by Huntress, 28 March 2011 - 04:49 AM.

#120 CassieFan

CassieFan

Globo Fan

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

So, VL is trying to get bigger ratings with the return of the original characters?

BTW, the actress who plays Clarissa looks THE SAME as the Croatian version of Clarissa - Caroline.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users