KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought the show was good but I didn't like Michelle Lee's singing. I think she was better when she was younger. Maybe all that time away from singing was really because there was something wrong with her voice.

My favorite part was the Donna Mills part and that girl dressed up like Abby. And i thought it was sweet that Alec Baldwin did a suprise webcam.

• Members

And I can't argue with that!!

Speaking of Abby and her role as a mother, I just watched the brilliant season 8 episode "Our Secret" (I never thought I'd use 'season 8' & 'brilliant' together), which features lovely scenes of Abby being a fun, relaxed mother with both Olivia and Brian. Of course, it's all laced with impending doom, as it all ends with Peter openly (but secretly) going after Olivia. It features one of my favorite Karen/Abby scenes up till this point, in which Karen masterfully uses her history with Diana to illustrate how Abby and Olivia's relationship could really go south if Abby underestimates Olivia's feelings. "Karen, you're right. And you are out of line!"

Ben has a fabulous meltdown when he comes downstairs and sees that Lilimae never turned the alarm back on. It's tragic and he's so right.

It also features the beautiful directorial work of none other than David Jacobs, who makes the ladies (especially Karen and Abby) look drop-dead gorgeous here and, most importantly, elevates the very basic Anne storyline to something resembling art with Anne's near-psychotic but visually stunning dreams/fantasies/visions of dancing with Mac. I was treating it with cynicism when the episode started but one has to wait until the end to see the whole picture.

There's a breathtaking scene about halfway in: Paige is walking down an empty hospital corridor, her pumps making a lot of noise--even the manner in which she's walking is careful, deliberate. She grabs a single rose from the bouquet in her hand and drops the rest in the middle of the hallway. Later, Anne's reaction to Mac's card captured something really painful that the writing hadn't explored before. And that ending scene with the frenetic mixture of Mac/young Mac/Greg/young Anne and old Anne all dancing in Anne's vision, only to be followed by Paige walking away down that same corridor. As she turns around the corner, all we hear is her shoes as the credits come up. I am in awe. Only KNOTS LANDING could pull something like this.

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h51m26s72_zpsb84235

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h51m53s88_zps21a13c

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h52m01s164_zpsdc403

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h52m06s216_zps700e1

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h52m07s225_zpscd34c

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h13m58s108_zps7ac93

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h14m52s150_zps1bfd0

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h14m55s180_zps05fe4

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h16m28s80_zpsabbb11

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h52m24s139_zpscab49

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h52m31s209_zpse5b39

vlcsnap-2014-12-11-22h52m37s15_zps36d12f

Stunning.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

To me her role in the Olivia drug story was one of the best uses of the character. I felt like the Joshua storyline never used her properly. In the other seasons she spent so much of her time interfering in Val's problems and haranguing people and I just didn't care. The Olivia stuff and the Chip story, and her first episode were her best IMO.

• Members

The thing is, I actually agree with this. I think her involvement in the Olivia story, as well as Chip and "Will the Circle be Unbroken" were great Lilimae stories. But this season also spent a lot of time making Lilimae (and Val) into the village idiot, when it even bothered with her at all (she would disappear for whole episodes and come back for a scene or two maybe and then disappear again).

The rest is just a matter of personal preference. I loved her interfering and annoying Val. It was a crucial part of their relationship and it was great to see them grow and mature from that. But I can also see how one would hate that lol

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Looking at your photos reminds me of that Mack/Anne/Karen story that I barely remember, aside from when she tried to seduce Mack. And a few of the flashbacks. Michelle Philips had a spark even at this time but I much preferred her when she came back. There was something, I don't know, oddly stodgy or forced about so much of season 8. I found Paige to be close to unbearable and then did a huge turnaround on her in season 9, even though the deranged fanboy in me probably should have hated her, since she essentially replaced Laura.

• Members

Ted Skackleford looks terrible.  His face is now skin and bones.  Joan Van Ark of course looks terrible but thats to be expected.

I guess it sort of speaks to the lack of interest in the show that it' 35th anniversary was celebrated on a show most people never heard of on a channel most people would probably have trouble finding.   Sad.

• Members

Could anyone truly replace Laura? I loved her character's attitude, and she was easily one of the best actors ever in this cast.

She and Sumner were a match made in well, wherever...I loved Paige, too, but to me Laura was irreplaceable! I wish she was mentioned in the finale,[maybe she was but it's been years since I last watched it]. I wondered if anyone else liked her as much as I do. My friends couldn't stand her when we watched it.

Edited by slick jones